• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

It's disabled for secure connections because it has links to other sites and they would cause a non-secure dialog to popup.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed Links Manager II (latest version) and followed the instructions religously, however on the admin page the only link I have is admin-->links.

I have no Links Manager II link on the admin page --> cannot approve/deny any links that come through.

Help? Any pointers?

Cheers

Graeme

You either made a mistake in the installation or you have a contribution installed that requires the files to be recorded first, like admin access.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Can you expand on this. I've checked the installation files (straight off the contributions pages). There are no problems.

What do you mean about 'recorded' files. Can you expand? What should I do?

Cheers

Graeme

The admin access contribution won't allow a new file to be seen in admin until it is added. If you don't have that installed, then a mistake was made - at least I can't think of any other possibilities.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack thanks for paying this so much of your time. I just installed myself. I have not fully checked on everything yet but here is my trouble so far. When I go to my admin panel and click on Links Manager II > Links Manager and go to fill out the linking information for my site I get an error after hitting the update button. Here is that error.

1062 - Duplicate entry 'MY WEBSITE' for key 1

insert into links_exchange (links_exchange_name, links_exchange_description, links_exchange_url, language_id) values ('MY Website', 'German Translation of description', 'http://www.mywebsite.com', '2')

[TEP STOP]

Shouldn't the database be assigning the id numbers as the entries are added. I am not real savvy with MYSQL but it looks like its trying to be submitted with a preset id?

I am using

MYSQL 5.0

PHP 4.4.8

Thanks for any insight.

P.S. Hopefully this was not already answered. I admit to skimming the 29 pages of information so I very well could admit to maybe missing it.

Edited by XxWickedxX

Yes, you are correct. Don't know how no one noticed that. The problem is the primary key for the links_exchange table in the database is set incorrectly. To fix it, run the following with phpmyadmin

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS links_exchange;
CREATE TABLE `links_exchange` (
 `links_exchange_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
 `links_exchange_description` text,
 `links_exchange_url` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `language_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
 PRIMARY KEY  (`language_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

or you can just change the primary key if you know how to do that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey also Jack I wanted to let you know that you left the following code in the links.php file in the <head> section.

<?php
// BOF: Header Tags SEO V 3.0
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
// EOF: Header Tags SEO V 3.0
?>

Also another question if I may. I am wanting to edit the width of the box that the site description shows in to the user. This way to keep the box from growing vertically as much. Any tips where I could get started changing that?

Hey also Jack I wanted to let you know that you left the following code in the links.php file in the <head> section.

<?php
// BOF: Header Tags SEO V 3.0
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
// EOF: Header Tags SEO V 3.0
?>

That's not a mistake. Most shops, from my experience, end up using Header Tags so it is included to save having to edit the files. If you don't have Header Tags installed, the code will just load the standard title. If you want to use some other meta tags contribution, that section has to be edited anyway and it is a simple change. So I thought with all of that considered, it was best to leave it in.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Also another question if I may. I am wanting to edit the width of the box that the site description shows in to the user. This way to keep the box from growing vertically as much. Any tips where I could get started changing that?

Assuming you mean on the links_submit.php page, the code for that is in includes/lanugages/english/links_submit.php. It is in html so should be easy to change.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Also jack I know I am questioning you to death but I added a link through my admin panel and tried using HTML in the description and it worked. Is this the same on the user end? I would test this myself at the moment but I am at work and do not have access to it due to low network speeds. I would prefer that users that users could not add HTML but I suppose its not really a big deal since I have to approve them first.

Just on a side note this is a nice contribution package and I wanted to say thanks.

There is already code in there for that. But I don't recall testing it under every situation so it may have to do with how your options are setup.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There is already code in there for that. But I don't recall testing it under every situation so it may have to do with how your options are setup.

Jack

Thanks.. I will just add a default pic to all those who do not submit an image.

Digging a bit deeper I have a few problems when you have a moment.

1. Link Category Suggestions are not being echoed to the Admin panel when viewing link submissions. <-- Correction. I found this. left text here to avoid confusion

2. I am not seeing anywhere where it shows what a person entered as the reciprocal url in the admin view to be able to do manual checks.

3. In Admin Panel/Links Manager II/Link Status it does not echo the site url box is there but just blank white space.

Thanks Jack. After I get this mod settled in please pm me a page or paypal email. I would like to show my appreciation. You support this well and its just what I needed to streamline my site better.

Edited by XxWickedxX

2 - After a link has been added on the shop side, go to admin and edit that link. You will see the Recipricol link there. The code will automatically check it to see if it exists but there is a link there that you can click on to go to the site and check for yourself too.

3 - It won't show the status until the status check script is ran since one doesn't exist before that.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok I seen what was going on for that section not to show up. I have it showing up now in my admin panel but it pops up and just has a link to visit reciprocal link. I never actually see the link itself. Then when I click on the link it just reloads my admin panel in a new window.

The actual link url is in the form in the url string. That "visit reciprocal link" link should be a link to the page on the site that has the link to your site. If it takes you to your admin, then you have the link entered incorectly or your host is blocking it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't understand your question. If you are referring to the link edit page in admin, all fields are alrady listed. Are you wanting to list one of them twice?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry running on Empty Jack. My explaining skill might not be the best right now. Let me see if I can map this out a bit better. After clicking on edit you have the section towards the bottom that shows if a reciprocal link is found and it displays a "x" or "check mark". In that same section there is a link to "Visit Reciprocal Link". Rather than that saying "Visit Reciprocal link" I would like to know how to have that echo that actual link itself. So instead of it saying "Visit Reciprocal Link" it would say "www.somesite.com/links_page.php". Basically return a true value of the actual text that was entered while submitting the reciprocal link on the form. I thought maybe depending on how you have it set up it would be as simple as changing TEXT_INFO_LINK_VISIT_RECIPROCAL to something that would echo the text entered in the submission form itself. This way I actually see the text that was entered in the reciprocal link field on the submission form. It can still remain a link but long as it is the domain itself I am seeing rather than "Visit Reciprocal Link" text.

Hope that helps.