• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

I am trying to install 1.20 from scratch. Have corrected some challenges as described in the post above but am still facing with some:

In the readme.txt file it states:

Go to Admin -> Configuration -> Links, Admin -> Links Manager II to get started.

In my case there is no Links link under Admin -> Configuration -> Links.

Has this been eliminated in v1.20 ?

I fixed my issue Jack.

In the admin>config>links section I had the Reciprocal link required option set to false! When I changed it to true the info magically appeared.

I'm such an idiot!

Thanks for your patience.

Matt

I am trying to install 1.20 from scratch. Have corrected some challenges as described in the post above but am still facing with some:

In the readme.txt file it states:

Go to Admin -> Configuration -> Links, Admin -> Links Manager II to get started.

In my case there is no Links link under Admin -> Configuration -> Links.

Has this been eliminated in v1.20 ?

That is added when you run the links_setup.php file. If you have ran that, and it ran successfully, then you will need to look in your database to find why it isn't showing. If you can't figure it out but know that you ran it, you could try running the links_db_update.php file. It might fix it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That is added when you run the links_setup.php file. If you have ran that, and it ran successfully, then you will need to look in your database to find why it isn't showing. If you can't figure it out but know that you ran it, you could try running the links_db_update.php file. It might fix it.

Jack

When I ran the links_db_update.php from v1.19 it installed it in the configuration file in the database table. Mmm weird.

I still have a few "complications" which I will try to figure out.

Jack,

I do not understand what it is you were trying to tell me to do. You sent me to a page where I could download version 1.20 which I've already done and I still get the following error. Is there not any other way to correct this? Is this a links.php problem or a database issue?

1054 - Unknown column 'lf.links_all_pages' in 'where clause'

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, lf.expires_date from links l, links_description ld, links_featured lf where l.links_id = ld.links_id AND ld.links_id = lf.links_id AND lf.links_all_pages = '1' and (ld.language_id = '1' or ld.language_id = 99) AND lf.expires_date >= now() order by RAND()

[TEP STOP]

A new version has been uploaded. It just fixes the problems with the previous version so if you are not having problems or don't need the recipricol override option, upgrading won't help you.

Changes made:

- Added missing column, links_all_pages, to the links_setup.php file.

- Updated readme instructions to include changes in last version.

- Fixed the reciprocal link override option in admin and the code associated with it in admin.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to install the version of Ultimate SEO uploaded by me. It has the code in it to work with this contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try this.

Jack

Thanks Jack, I managed to get version 1.16 working before I saw your most recent update version, and have upgraded it to 1.20. Everything seems to be working fine now. What does the reciprocal override option do? Also is there anyway to make the contact information and the reciprocal link as not required in the admin?

There is an option in admin->Configuration->Links that makes recipricol links required. The override setting will override that main option so that you can have a hundred links that require a recipricol link and one that does not. There isn't an option to override the contact information but if it isn't needed, you can put in your own email address, or some fake one.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Wow, what a mess. Followed instructions perfectly and am getting the column 1 error. Read Jacks, try this over and over and still can't get it to work. Manually deleted every call in the database and reinstalled with currently downloaded version, yet same error. Something in this mods instruction set for the database is broken - its not user error.

Working on a fix now.

Would like to have seen an uninstall sql...

Edited by carryG

Wow, what a mess. Followed instructions perfectly and am getting the column 1 error. Read Jacks, try this over and over and still can't get it to work. Manually deleted every call in the database and reinstalled with currently downloaded version, yet same error. Something in this mods instruction set for the database is broken - its not user error.

Working on a fix now.

Would like to have seen an uninstall sql...

HI, - i know nothing of SQL, however using logic and comparing other entries i have deduced that this is the problem (someone tell me if im wrong, but it worked for me B)

To fix the error regarding Column 1 - I installed version 1.21

the links_setup.php file DOES contain the code that update V.1.19 to 1.20 refers to, however i believe it contains an error

the errornous line as shown below only has 3 elements that it is trying to insert into the Links_exchange table (name, comment, URL), however the table requires 4 sets of data (name, comment, url, language id) therefore i have added the missing 4th element, so.

find in links_setup.php

array("INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can

imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com')"));

Replace with

array("INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can

imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com','1')"));

Setup worked for me ok

You need to install the version of Ultimate SEO uploaded by me. It has the code in it to work with this contribution.

Jack

Jack finally got around to upgrading Ultimate SEO to your latest version.

I can go to links.php but when I click on a category I get the following error:

The requested URL /blah-blah-links-0_2.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any thoughts ?

Okay I am really struggling here.

Just installed v2.2 RC2a.

Installed Store Mode

Installed Ultimate SEO these were working fine.

Tried to install this module Links manager II and things went wrong.

Currently have error:- Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/simplydr/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 317

However before this I did have this error:-

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com')

[TEP STOP]

I have twice got back to my original error, but struggling like mad to get past it, I will try and get back to my original error by reinstalling all the files and redoing all the mods, and cleaning up the database.

But need help please

Edited by johnnybebad

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Okay I am back at this error:-

INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com')

[TEP STOP]

please help, tried the suggestions in the forum but must be doing something worng.

Thanks in advance

Johnny

Hi Jack,

Installed the script as per instructions and Run the links_setup.php

recieve the following error:-

[TEP STOP]

at this point Links manager II is showing in Admin, but no links are showing under configuration.

Do anything else and i get the new error of :-

Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/simplydr/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 317

To get back to the previous error, I basically go through and re install the entire thing again.

I will re install anything and not run the setup file give us 10-15 minutes if you can please

Thanks

Johnny

Edited by johnnybebad

Where are you seeing the error? What are you doing at the time? Details please.

Jack

Well I am going round in circles, and have to go for my christams party now, spent all day playing with this, not even got dressed yet.

Tomorrow, I will start from scratch, installing the os-commerce site and then the mods one by one.

the mods so far being

Store mode

SEO Ultimate

Links manager II

Hopefully wont be overly legless so that I can start on this early tomorrow.

Thanks

Johnny

I apologize for the trouble you are having since this is due to a mistake in the file. In the links_setup.php file, find this line

array("INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com')"));

and replace it with this one

array("INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com', '1')"));

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I apologize for the trouble you are having since this is due to a mistake in the file. In the links_setup.php file, find this line
					 array("INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com')"));

and replace it with this one

array("INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com', '1')"));

Jack

Thanks I will install this mod first next time so i only have to worry about this one and do the others later, i did try that solution, but things were still not right, I will know then that i have it right at least.