• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

Hi, I have this installed and it is sort of working. I have added a few links myself and they are there. I received an email from someone who tried to submit a link, but the program could not confirm my link on their reciprocal page so it would not let it go through. I checked it manually and it is there. I then went in myself through admin and entered their info, but it still doesn't see the link on their site.

The other thing I found is that when I tried to log in and edit one of the links I put on, it did not go to another page as I had thought it would to edit my link info, it just refreshed that one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Hi, I have this installed and it is sort of working. I have added a few links myself and they are there. I received an email from someone who tried to submit a link, but the program could not confirm my link on their reciprocal page so it would not let it go through. I checked it manually and it is there. I then went in myself through admin and entered their info, but it still doesn't see the link on their site.

The other thing I found is that when I tried to log in and edit one of the links I put on, it did not go to another page as I had thought it would to edit my link info, it just refreshed that one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Have you set the search phase in the options? Is the phase on the page your link is on?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Have you set the search phase in the options? Is the phase on the page your link is on?

Jack

Yes, my phrase is part of my website url and it is there on their reciprocal link page. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but their link page URL is quite long and strange.

Thanks for all your help!!

I went into my admin and clicked "check links" and got this "Link Check Result: Error Reading URL" for the link that I am referring to. If I copy and paste the URL into my browser it comes up. I am so confused.
The code for that requires the allow_url_fopen option to be set on the server. You might want to check with your host to see if that option is enabled.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The code for that requires the allow_url_fopen option to be set on the server. You might want to check with your host to see if that option is enabled.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for helping me. I am not sure I understand your last comment. I have been trying to figure this out and also found that when I go into admin then Links and try to switch to anything other then ALL, I get the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'l.links_status = '1' and' at line 1

select count(*) as total from links l left join ( links_description ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id ) l.links_status = '1' and

I cannot find any other post regarding this error either.

Thanks,

Leslie

I uploaded a new version that may fix your problems. There is also a fix mentioned on the above page that sound like it is what you are having problems with too. I can't make out the directions so I don't know if my version has that fix, or even what it is, but between the two you should be able to get it working.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I uploaded a new version that may fix your problems. There is also a fix mentioned on the above page that sound like it is what you are having problems with too. I can't make out the directions so I don't know if my version has that fix, or even what it is, but between the two you should be able to get it working.

Jack

Thanks again for all your help!! I have to log off now, but I did get a chance to download new version and at least uploaded the admin/links.php file which did fix the error message when I changed from ALL to Pending! I will have to work on this more tomorrow.

Have a Blessed evening!!!!

Jack

Hi Jack

I have recently added your v1.6 to my test site (which is in a sub category like catalog until I move it)

All seems to work ok except it is horrendously slow! Like click, go away & make a cuppa, & come back & still loading!! :o Honest I'm not exaggerating. Both admin side & catalog.

Click on links in information infobox & go to catalog/links.php quickly. Click on a category & then 3 minutes later the page shows.

The catalog side said errors on page but the admin doesn't say anything

Bottom left IE toolbar

Line : 393 & 389

Char : 41

Error : unterminated string constant

Code : 0

URL : http://mysite/catalog/links.php?parentid=0&IPath=2

I do not understand what is going on, or where to start looking.

Will the update fix this?

Or have I missed something?

Thanks Jack

Julie

ps I have Chemo Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1c as recommended

Search engine safe to false

My email links show link without catalog in link (can't see solution but found it mentioned)

Only 3 links added so far

I have downloaded your new v1.8 but cannot find an upgrade from v1.6 or v1.7 to the v1.8 instructions

Thanks

ps I have Chemo Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1c as recommended

Search engine safe to false

My email links show link without catalog in link (can't see solution but found it mentioned)

Only 3 links added so far

I have downloaded your new v1.8 but cannot find an upgrade from v1.6 or v1.7 to the v1.8 instructions

Thanks

There's nothing in the code that would cause it to slow down more than the previous version, that I can think of. You could try turning off Ultimate SEO just to see if that is the problem. You probably should be using version D or E by the way. The only changes between 1.16 and 1.18 are ones to the links_manager files so they are a direct replacment unless you have edited the files.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There's nothing in the code that would cause it to slow down more than the previous version, that I can think of. You could try turning off Ultimate SEO just to see if that is the problem. You probably should be using version D or E by the way. The only changes between 1.16 and 1.18 are ones to the links_manager files so they are a direct replacment unless you have edited the files.

Jack

Hi Jack

I turned Ultimate SEO off but that made no difference. I was told c was the last one working from chemo or to use the one from yesudo? Same as when I tried to use a version of dynamic sitemap that wasn't yours & it failed, so I went back to a version of yours that worked perfectly!

What does the errors on the page mean please? Are they slowing it down?

This is 389 to 393 in the /catalog/links.php

case 'LINK_LIST_TITLE':
	  $listing_sql .= "ld.links_title " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
	  break;
	case 'LINK_LIST_URL':
	  $listing_sql .= "l.links_url " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", ld.links_title";

Is this how the correct path should look like?

http://www.mysite/catalog/links.php?parentid=0&lPath=2

When I check the link in admin it says:

Check Result: Error Reading URL

They also have the X in the edit area, but when I use the same url in my browser it's ok

I think I may need to check my host from reading the thread, but I still can't figure the "unterminated string constant"

For the update I can't find a links_manager.php ?

Thanks

Julie

Try this: In admin/inks.php, find
$siteURL = sprintf("%s/links.php?lPath=%s", HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER,$category['link_categories_id']);

and replace it with

$siteURL = sprintf("%s%slinks.php?lPath=%s", HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER,DIR_WS_CATALOG,$category['link_categories_id']);

Jack

This works for the email link. :thumbsup:

Trying to change the settings to see if that helps, such as no image & only the title & url as links (6 total) but still no difference. :(

Ohhh changed to vertical listing & no image & it's getting faster!!

The only changes between 1.16 and 1.18 are ones to the links_manager files so they are a direct replacment unless you have edited the files.

Jack

Sorry :blush:

so you mean ??

admin/links.php

admin/link_categories.php

admin/link_contact.php

admin/link_featured.php

admin/link_status.php

Have I missed any?

Thanks

Julie

Ohhh changed to vertical listing & no image & it's getting faster!!

Sorry :blush:

so you mean ??

admin/links.php

admin/link_categories.php

admin/link_contact.php

admin/link_featured.php

admin/link_status.php

Have I missed any?

Thanks

Julie

All of the link manager files in admin can be replaced with the new ones since there shouldn't be any reason to have changed those. The files on the shop side, in the root, may have been edited so they display properly with your site so that would need to be checked. And the files in the english directory may have changed, espeically the links_submit.php file so those should be checked. Other than that, they can be replaced. You should, of course, backup those files first just in case.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

All of the link manager files in admin can be replaced with the new ones since there shouldn't be any reason to have changed those. The files on the shop side, in the root, may have been edited so they display properly with your site so that would need to be checked. And the files in the english directory may have changed, espeically the links_submit.php file so those should be checked. Other than that, they can be replaced. You should, of course, backup those files first just in case.

Jack

Happy New Year Jack

I'm not too worried about what has been already written as I am still in testing mode & have only added a few.

Thanks for your support :thumbsup:

Julie

ps Much faster now the changes have been made in admin, so all is well :thumbsup:

Hi!

I figured out why my links aren't showing when someone clicks a category. It's the show search engine safe url's option. When i disable it everything works fine. Is there a way that i can leave that option turned on for the rest of the website but disable it in the mod? perhaps just changing the way the urls are built in the mod?

thanks for your help!

zack

Hi!

I figured out why my links aren't showing when someone clicks a category. It's the show search engine safe url's option. When i disable it everything works fine. Is there a way that i can leave that option turned on for the rest of the website but disable it in the mod? perhaps just changing the way the urls are built in the mod?

thanks for your help!

zack

I'm sure there is a way to code around that but I wouldn't suggest it. That option barely works (and won't on many servers) and really shouldn't be used. You should install one of the url rewriter contributions, like Ultimate SEO, for a better solution. If you do that, just be sure to grab a version that supports Links Manager.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I have installed Links Manager on http://edle-steine-online.de/links.php, a very good tool - thanks to the developer.

The only problem occurs when trying to submit a new link. I set up a test reciprocal link under www.podolak.net/testseite.html. links_submit.php always tells me that "Our link cannot be found on http://podolak.net/testseite.html".

How can I avoid this error?

You should make sure the check phase you have set in admin is acutally on that page. You can also turn off that option so the link isn't checked.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Please help me am getting the following error :

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'xor ld.language_id = '99')' at line 1

select count(l.links_id) as total from links_description ld, links l, links_to_link_categories l2lc where l.links_status = '2' and l.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.links_id = l2lc.links_id and CHAR_LENGTH(ld.links_title) > '0'and l2lc.link_categories_id = '1' and ( ld.language_id = '1' xor ld.language_id = '99')

[TEP STOP]

MY SQL VERSION 3.

Hi Jack

Please help me am getting the following error :

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'xor ld.language_id = '99')' at line 1

select count(l.links_id) as total from links_description ld, links l, links_to_link_categories l2lc where l.links_status = '2' and l.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.links_id = l2lc.links_id and CHAR_LENGTH(ld.links_title) > '0'and l2lc.link_categories_id = '1' and ( ld.language_id = '1' xor ld.language_id = '99')

[TEP STOP]

MY SQL VERSION 3.

I seem to recall someone else having this problem and changing the xor to or fixed it. Please give that a try and see what happens. There are four instances of it in links.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have started to enter my links from other sites from my old link page to this link program. I have done a few so far myself and all have gone through. So far the only one that didn't work was the one I posted about earlier where I got this error message

Link Check Result: Error Reading URL

Here is their URL of where my link was put

I still haven't figure that one out, but approved the link, because I can physically see my link there. I was wondering if it has something to do with the URL or the length of it?? Not too big of a deal, but I am trying to learn and understand as much of this oscommerce stuff as I can.

Now I have found that when I went in to turn a link category on I got the following:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_set_link_categories_status() in store/admin/link_categories.php on line 40

When I went into edit the category and enable it there it worked, but I was wondering if I should be concerned about this error I am getting.

Thanks for all your help!!!

The error about tep_set_link_categories_status means the update was not done correctly. You should upload or edit the files before working on any other problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons