• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

Would it be possible, if you find the time, to add and option so the person submitting has the option to add a picture or for our site to take a snapshot of there website as a image instead.

Are you saying you want to allow the person to upload an image to be used for their image link, as opposed to loading it from their site as it does now? That would require more work, more disk space usage and more bandwidth usage for you. What is the upside?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I want to display 10 featured links per row at the footer of my site ,if links>10,row++

how can i do that?

how to modify the catalog/includes/boxes/links.php ? thank you very much!

I want to display 10 featured links per row at the footer of my site ,if links>10,row++

how can i do that?

how to modify the catalog/includes/boxes/links.php ? thank you very much!

You need to change the code to read in however many featured links you want and then cycle through them to display them. The code in the links box is setup to display one random link. The code in the standard best sellers box is setup to display a certain number of products. So you can use the latter to make the required changes in the former.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I haven't tested the following but it should work. In links_submit.php, find

if (strlen($links_description) < ENTRY_LINKS_DESCRIPTION_MIN_LENGTH) {
  $error = true;

$messageStack->add('submit_link', ENTRY_LINKS_DESCRIPTION_ERROR);
}

and add this beneath it

if (strlen($links_description) > ENTRY_LINKS_DESCRIPTION_MAX_LENGTH) {
  $error = true;

$messageStack->add('submit_link', ENTRY_LINKS_MAX_DESCRIPTION_ERROR);
}

Then find

check_input("links_description", <?php echo ENTRY_LINKS_DESCRIPTION_MIN_LENGTH; ?>, "<?php echo ENTRY_LINKS_DESCRIPTION_ERROR; ?>");

and add this beneath it

check_input("links_description", <?php echo ENTRY_LINKS_DESCRIPTION_MAX_LENGTH; ?>, "<?php echo ENTRY_LINKS_MAX_DESCRIPTION_ERROR; ?>");

Please let me know if it works or not so I can make the change to the next version.

Jack

Hi Jack, I may be wrong but this does not seem to solve the character limit problem. How can it be increased? Thanks, James

Hi Jack, I may be wrong but this does not seem to solve the character limit problem. How can it be increased? Thanks, James

I'm sorry but I have no ide what this refers to. What is the character limit problem? I'm assuming it is something menthioned earlier in this thread. If so, you will have to provide a link to it if you want me to look at it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry but I have no ide what this refers to. What is the character limit problem? I'm assuming it is something menthioned earlier in this thread. If so, you will have to provide a link to it if you want me to look at it.

Hi Jack, Thanks for your prompt response. Sorry, I should have made it clearer what I was referring to. I'm talking about your response to post #703 which is asking about the limit on the number of characters input either by the link partner or by the admin user if the webmaster is inputting one themselves. I would like to know how to increase the character limit if possible please? Thanks, James

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/268562-links-manager-ii/page__st__700__p__1440927__hl__limit__fromsearch__1entry1440927

Hi Jack, Thanks for your prompt response. Sorry, I should have made it clearer what I was referring to. I'm talking about your response to post #703 which is asking about the limit on the number of characters input either by the link partner or by the admin user if the webmaster is inputting one themselves. I would like to know how to increase the character limit if possible please? Thanks, James

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/268562-links-manager-ii/page__st__700__p__1440927__hl__limit__fromsearch__1entry1440927

Go to admin->Links and adjust the setting named "Link Description Maximum Length" to whatever size you prefer.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't see that setting, where is it or do I have an old version of Links Manager II?

The setting is where I've already indicated. I've no way of knowing what version you have so I can't answer that. i can say, though, that that particular setting has been in Links Manager from the beginning, or close to it, so it would seem you have an invalid installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The setting is where I've already indicated. I've no way of knowing what version you have so I can't answer that. i can say, though, that that particular setting has been in Links Manager from the beginning, or close to it, so it would seem you have an invalid installation.

Untitled-1.gif

Please can you take a look at the screenshot Jack?

First, thanks for the ADD!

I have a problem, I will not be shown some of the elements in the admin!

What could be lying?

Capital letters being displayed almost always mean a missing definition in the code, which means a mistake in the installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Capital letters being displayed almost always mean a missing definition in the code, which means a mistake in the installation.

Hello

I had found many errors in the language of German LinksManager_II_V_1.28

I have the missing entries Copies of the EN language and adapted to the German. one can Ichhabe. rar made with the German language''only''German anything out of your packet I've deleted, maybe someone need it in German also had errors.

The error looked as if something Währe Lost in your adaptation from English to German wieler gone.

Compare your times but German with the English because you can see the German with your very many definitions, more simply.

I have made it to OSC 2.2rc2a and now German Perfect for me!

Sorry my english is Google Translate:)

I offer the download of the German language now, and just hope it is OK, if not give me know and I delete the download.

Thanks again for the great add

Downlaod Only German Data: http://www.costaservice.eu/download/LinksManager_II_V_1-28-ExtraDeutsch.rar

By Michel

I had found many errors in the language of German LinksManager_II_V_1.28

I have the missing entries Copies of the EN language and adapted to the German. one can Ichhabe. rar made with the German language''only''German anything out of your packet I've deleted, maybe someone need it in German also had errors.

The error looked as if something Währe Lost in your adaptation from English to German wieler gone.

I don't update the other lanugages since I don't speak them. What is in the contribution is from other members supplying translations, such as you did. I'll add that to the next release. Thanks for posting it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Maybe it my fault but is it possible to get on 2 - 3 websites the same link page but only use 1 database?

At first i've tested the link manager on the test webpage and worked great. Then installed the software on one other website (using same database).

The problem now is if you click on the links (link page) image it shows nothing (link button click outcome).

Maybe this isnt possible but better ask if there is some to be done at it before unistall the software again.

Yes there are already links in the database. Admin shows the links and can check the backlinks.

Tested with settings but also doesnt help, here are the settings:

Titel Waarde Actie

Click Count False

Spider Friendly Links True

Links Image Width 120

Links Image Height 60

Display Link Image 1

Display Link URL 4

Display Link Title 2

Display Link Description 3

Display Link Click Count 0

Display English Links True

Display German Links False

Display Dutch Links True

Display French Links False

Display Link Title as links True

Display Links Category images True

Display in standard format True

Display Featured Link True

Display Links Category Description True

Display Links in Categories True

Display Link Count in Categories False

Display All Link Categories True

Display Link Submit Code Format Right

Link Title Minimum Length 2

Link URL Minimum Length 10

Link Description Minimum Length 10

Link Description Maximum Length 200

Link Contact Name Minimum Length 2

Link Maximum to Display 20

Link Sub-Categories Maximum to Display 2

Links Blacklist

Links Check Phrase rns-sieraden.nl, sieraden.frihost.org, sierarden.nl

Check Link on Edit True

Links open in new page True

Reciprocal Link required True

Reciprocal Link Check Count 2

Reciprocal Link Domain Check True

Reciprocal Link Parent Check True

Check for Duplicate Links True

Check for Updates false

Allow Link Editing False

Maybe it my fault but is it possible to get on 2 - 3 websites the same link page but only use 1 database?

At first i've tested the link manager on the test webpage and worked great. Then installed the software on one other website (using same database).

The problem now is if you click on the links (link page) image it shows nothing (link button click outcome).

Maybe this isnt possible but better ask if there is some to be done at it before unistall the software again.

Yes there are already links in the database. Admin shows the links and can check the backlinks.

Tested with settings but also doesnt help, here are the settings:

Titel Waarde Actie

Click Count False

Spider Friendly Links True

Links Image Width 120

Links Image Height 60

Display Link Image 1

Display Link URL 4

Display Link Title 2

Display Link Description 3

Display Link Click Count 0

Display English Links True

Display German Links False

Display Dutch Links True

Display French Links False

Display Link Title as links True

Display Links Category images True

Display in standard format True

Display Featured Link True

Display Links Category Description True

Display Links in Categories True

Display Link Count in Categories False

Display All Link Categories True

Display Link Submit Code Format Right

Link Title Minimum Length 2

Link URL Minimum Length 10

Link Description Minimum Length 10

Link Description Maximum Length 200

Link Contact Name Minimum Length 2

Link Maximum to Display 20

Link Sub-Categories Maximum to Display 2

Links Blacklist

Links Check Phrase rns-sieraden.nl, sieraden.frihost.org, sierarden.nl

Check Link on Edit True

Links open in new page True

Reciprocal Link required True

Reciprocal Link Check Count 2

Reciprocal Link Domain Check True

Reciprocal Link Parent Check True

Check for Duplicate Links True

Check for Updates false

Allow Link Editing False

Found the problem i think, Seo Urls 5 is making other links (example: Shows the link exchange page) and when you click the link exchange button you see this: Original link.

Somehow this SEO Urls 5 is replacing all the links but not the link when you click on the links.

Hoop this helps

Found the problem i think, Seo Urls 5 is making other links (example: Shows the link exchange page) and when you click the link exchange button you see this: Original link.

Somehow this SEO Urls 5 is replacing all the links but not the link when you click on the links.

I suggest youi use Ultimate SEO V2.2d for 100% compatibility.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have an issue with the urls when navigating through the links.

Going forward, I get

http://wwwdotelectricalcity.co.uk/links.php
http://wwwdotelectricalcity.co.uk/electronics-links-0_2.html
http://wwwdotelectricalcity.co.uk/electronics-suppliers-links-2_4.html
BUT when I click the back button, I get
http://wwwdotelectricalcity.co.uk/electronics-links-2.html

I thought that it may have been my site but your website does the same

Edited by pdcelec

I have an issue with the urls when navigating through the links.

Going forward, I get

http://wwwdotelectricalcity.co.uk/electronics-links-0_2.html
http://wwwdotelectricalcity.co.uk/electronics-suppliers-links-2_4.html
BUT when I click the back button, I get
http://wwwdotelectricalcity.co.uk/electronics-links-2.html

I thought that it may have been my site but your website does the same

Yes, you are correct. There is a problem in the code that isn't adding the parent category correctly. I never noticed that before so thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix it in the next version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons