• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

Ok - but with them assigned to a category they don't show up on the catalog/links.php page with show categories set to false in the admin. I can find the
<?php if (LINKS_SHOW_CATEGORIES == 'True') { ?>

in catalog/links.php but I cannot find any else statement for this, or an if (LINKS_SHOW_CATEGORIES == 'False') { statement - am I missing something?

They should. Will they show up if that option is set to false? Maybe the link is not setup correctly (wrong language or something similar).

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I reinstalled the contribution and got same errors, I then reinstalled 1.20 this removed the dis at page top above header. reinstalling files from 1.21 and the dis returns.

both 1.20 & 1.21 produce the error at page bottem:

Done but with errors on the page.

Line: 33

Char: 57

Error: Syntax Error

Code: 0

URL: [url="https://mystore.com/myadminfoldername/links.php?page=0&action=new"[/url]

I don't know what "the dis" refers to.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hmmm - I will have to go back and find the fix for the database error I was having on install and see if maybe I need to re-fix it. That might cause a language issue as I believe it was something to do with the language field being missing on an insert :blink:

They should. Will they show up if that option is set to false? Maybe the link is not setup correctly (wrong language or something similar).

Jack

~Tracy

Well - I obviously will need to find the correct fix on database install - but I did go in and change my two links to the correct language_id of 1 - and I verified that the other fields all looked correct. They are both set to "Approved" status and they are both in the one category that exists.

But I still do not see them on my links.php page when the show categories is set to false. :blink:

I'll let you know if I find any reasons for this - but figured I'd update you in the meantime that you were correct, the language ID's were not being entered properly - but even after correcting them manually in the database it didn't resolve the issue :blush:

Hmmm - I will have to go back and find the fix for the database error I was having on install and see if maybe I need to re-fix it. That might cause a language issue as I believe it was something to do with the language field being missing on an insert :blink:

~Tracy

Try setting the lanugage to All in the links edit page in admin to see if that helps. Maybe the code in the contribution can't handle something about the languages in your shop.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I am finally back to working on this again. The below instructions are what I did when setting up the contribution initially - so apparently I guessed the correct solution before looking at the forums.

I did try your suggestion by setting the language to "All" rather than "English" - but still no dice. If I turn off showing links in categories I don't get to see any links - not even the Featured link - on the catalog/links.php page. If I turn it on, then everything works.

I am at a complete loss here. I have this on a test server and am willing, if you are interested, to email you access if you want to see the settings I've got and if I've missed something simple. I have a feeling it is in the actual catalog/links.php file as I don't find any scripting there for the case where categories is turned off.

I am going to download a couple of older versions and compare the catalog/links.php file and see if I come up with anything.

I apologize for the trouble you are having since this is due to a mistake in the file. In the links_setup.php file, find this line
					 array("INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com')"));

and replace it with this one

array("INSERT INTO links_exchange VALUES ( 'Link Name', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.', 'http://www.myhomepage.com', '1')"));

Jack

~Tracy

Well, I can't find any changes that would cause this issue. I have verified that the database is correctly changing language id information - but it makes no difference with the problem I'm having.

I'm pasting in the body text code from my catalog/links.php to see if you notice what is missing. There are two if (LINKS_SHOW_CATEGORIES == 'True') statements, no statements for if (LINKS_SHOW_CATEGORIES == 'False').

I have tried changing one at a time to 'False' - but it didn't make any difference. Can you help point me to where in this page the code is for when LINKS_SHOW_CATEGORIES is set to False?

<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_CATEGORIES; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_links.jpg', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main">
	 <?php 
	  $category_description = tep_get_link_category_description($parentID, $languages_id);
	  echo ((tep_not_null($category_description)) ?  $category_description :   TEXT_MAIN_CATEGORIES); 
	  ?>
	</td>
  </tr>	   
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <?php if (tep_not_null($link_featured)) { ?>
  <tr>
   <td class="linkFeatured"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	<tr>
	 <td class="linkFeaturedHeading"><?php echo TEXT_FEATURED_HEADING; ?></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
	</tr>		
	<tr>
	 <td class="linkFeaturedMain"><?php echo $link_featured; ?></td>
	</tr> 
   </table></td>
  </tr>  
  <tr>
  </tr>				
  <?php } ?>	
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		  <tr>
<?php

$categories_query = tep_get_child_categories($parentID);
$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

if ($number_of_categories > 0) {
  $rows = 0;
  while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) 
  {
	$linkCount = tep_links_in_category_count($categories['link_categories_id']);

if ($linkCount > 0) //only show categories with links
	{   
	  $rows++;
	  $lPath_new = '&lPath=' . $categories['parent_id'] . '_' .$categories['link_categories_id'];
	  $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';

echo '<td class="linkListingCats" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a class="linkListingCats" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS, $lPath_new) . '" title="' . $categories['link_categories_name'] . '">';

if (SHOW_LINKS_CATEGORIES_IMAGE == 'True') {
		if (tep_not_null($categories['link_categories_image'])) {
		  echo tep_links_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['link_categories_image'], $categories['link_categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>';
		} else {
		  echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pixel_trans.gif', $categories['link_categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'style="border: 3px double black"') . '<br>';
		}
	  }

$linkCount = (LINKS_SHOW_CATEGORIES_COUNT == 'True') ? '(' . $linkCount . ')' : '';
	  echo '<br><b><u>' . $categories['link_categories_name'] . '</b></u></a> ' . $linkCount . '<br>';

//SHOW THE SUB CATEGORIES
	  $category_subcats = tep_get_sublink_categories($categories['link_categories_id'], '', $category_subcats);
	  $subCtr = 1;

foreach($category_subcats as $id => $name) {
		$name = str_replace(" ", " ", $name);
		echo '<a class="linkListingSubCats" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS, '&lPath=' . tep_get_parent_category($id) . '_' .$id) . '" title="' . $name . '"><u>' . $name . '</u></a>';

if ($subCtr >= 2)
		{
		  echo ',...';
		  break;
		} 
		else if ($subCtr < count($category_subcats))
		  echo ', '; 

$subCtr++; 
	  }		

echo '</td>' . "\n";
	  if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
		echo '			  </tr>' . "\n";
		echo '			  <tr>' . "\n";
	  }	   
	}
  }  
} else if ($parentID < 1) {	  
?>
	<td><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_NO_CATEGORIES))); ?></td>
<?php
}
?>

</tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>				 
	</table></td>

<?php
 $useCategories = 'and l2lc.link_categories_id = \'' . (int)$parentID . '\'';
  }
  else // end of LINKS_SHOW_CATEGORIES
  {
 $parentID = 1;
 $useCategories = '';

?>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_LINKS; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_links.jpg', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
 <?php	  
  }  

// create column list
$define_list = array('LINK_LIST_TITLE' => LINK_LIST_TITLE,
					 'LINK_LIST_URL' => LINK_LIST_URL,
					 'LINK_LIST_IMAGE' => LINK_LIST_IMAGE,
					 'LINK_LIST_DESCRIPTION' => LINK_LIST_DESCRIPTION, 
					 'LINK_LIST_COUNT' => LINK_LIST_COUNT);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
reset($define_list);
while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
  if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
}

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
  switch ($column_list[$i]) {
	case 'LINK_LIST_TITLE':
	  $select_column_list .= 'ld.links_title, ';
	  break;
	case 'LINK_LIST_URL':
	  $select_column_list .= 'l.links_url, ';
	  break;
	case 'LINK_LIST_IMAGE':
	  $select_column_list .= 'l.links_image_url, ';
	  break;
	case 'LINK_LIST_DESCRIPTION':
	  $select_column_list .= 'ld.links_description, ';
	  break;
	case 'LINK_LIST_COUNT':
	  $select_column_list .= 'l.links_clicked, ';
	  break;
  }
}

// show the links in a given category
// We show them all

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " l.links_id, ld.language_id from " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld left join " . TABLE_LINKS . " l on ld.links_id = l.links_id left join " . TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES . " l2lc on l.links_id = l2lc.links_id where l.links_status = '2' and CHAR_LENGTH(ld.links_title) > '0'" . $useCategories;
 $lang_set = false;

$langsort_query = tep_db_query("select languages_id, sort_order from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " where sort_order = " . $languages_id . " limit 1");
 $langsort = tep_db_fetch_array($langsort_query);

$useAll = false;

if ($langsort['languages_id'] == '1')
 {
if(LINKS_DISPLAY_ENGLISH == 'True')
{
   $listing_sql .= " and ( ld.language_id = '" . $langsort['languages_id'] . "";
   $lang_set = true;
}  
else
{
  $useAll = true;
}
 }

if ($langsort['languages_id'] == '2')
 {
if(LINKS_DISPLAY_GERMAN == 'True')
{
  if ($lang_set)
	$listing_sql .= "' xor ld.language_id = '" . $langsort['languages_id'] . "";
  else
  {
	$lang_set = true;
  }
}
else
{
  $useAll = true;
}
 }  

if ($langsort['languages_id'] == '3')
 {
if(LINKS_DISPLAY_SPANISH == 'True')
{
  if ($lang_set)
  else
  {
	$lang_set = true;
  }
}
else
{
  $useAll = true;
}
 } 

if ($langsort['languages_id'] == '4')
 {
if (LINKS_DISPLAY_FRENCH == 'True')
{
  if ($lang_set)
  else
  {
	$lang_set = true;
  }
}
else
{
  $useAll = true;
}
 }

if ($lang_set)
$listing_sql .= "' xor ld.language_id = '99')";
 else if ($useAll)
$listing_sql .= " and ld.language_id = '99'";  
 else
$listing_sql .= "";

if ( (!isset($_GET['sort'])) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $_GET['sort'])) || (substr($_GET['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
	if ($column_list[$i] == 'LINK_LIST_TITLE') {
	  $_GET['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
	  $listing_sql .= " order by ld.links_title";
	  break;
	}
  }
} else {
  $sort_col = substr($_GET['sort'], 0 , 1);
  $sort_order = substr($_GET['sort'], 1);
  $listing_sql .= ' order by ';
  switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
	case 'LINK_LIST_TITLE':
	  $listing_sql .= "ld.links_title " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
	  break;
	case 'LINK_LIST_URL':
	  $listing_sql .= "l.links_url " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", ld.links_title";
	  break;
	case 'LINK_LIST_IMAGE':
	  $listing_sql .= "ld.links_title";
	  break;
	case 'LINK_LIST_DESCRIPTION':
	  $listing_sql .= "ld.links_description " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", ld.links_title";
	  break;
	case 'LINK_LIST_COUNT':
	  $listing_sql .= "l.links_clicked " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", ld.links_title";
	  break;
  }
}
$count_links_query = tep_db_query("select l.links_status from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join  " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id left join " . TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES . " l2c on l2c.links_id = ld.links_id left join  " . TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES . " lc on l2c.link_categories_id = lc.link_categories_id  where (l.links_status = 2 and ( ld.language_id = 99 or ld.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "')  and lc.link_categories_id = '" . (int)$parentID . "')");

if ($parentID && tep_db_num_rows($count_links_query) > 0)
{
?> 
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <?php if (tep_not_null($link_featured_cat)) { ?>
  <tr>
   <td class="linkFeatured"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	<tr>
	 <td class="linkFeaturedHeading"><?php echo TEXT_FEATURED_HEADING; ?></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
	</tr>		
	<tr>
	 <td class="linkFeaturedMain"><?php echo $link_featured_cat; ?></td>
	</tr> 
   </table></td>
  </tr>  
  <tr>
  </tr>				
  <?php } ?>		
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php 
	 if (LINKS_SHOW_CATEGORIES == 'True')
	 { 
	   $linkcat_query = tep_db_query("select ld.link_categories_name from " . TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " ld left join " . TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES . " lc on ld.link_categories_id = lc.link_categories_id where  lc.link_categories_id = '" . (int)$parentID . "' and (ld.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' or ld.language_id = '99') LIMIT 1");
	   $linkcat = tep_db_fetch_array($linkcat_query);
	   echo sprintf(TEXT_MAIN_LINKS, $linkcat['link_categories_name']);
	 } 
	 else
	  echo TEXT_MAIN_LINKS_ONLY; 
	 ?>
	</td>		
  </tr>	  
  <tr>
  </tr>	  
  <tr>
	<td>
	<?php if (LINKS_DISPLAY_FORMAT_STANDARD == 'True')
	  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_LINK_LISTING);
	 else
	  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'link_listing_vertical.php');
	?>
	</td>
  </tr>
<?php
 }
?>  
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
		  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
			  <tr>				  
				<?php
				  $prev_query = tep_db_query("select parent_id from " . TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES . " where link_categories_id = '" . $lPath . "'");
				  if (tep_db_num_rows($prev_query)) {
				   $prev = tep_db_fetch_array($prev_query);  
				?>
				   <td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS, ($prev['parent_id'] > 0) ? 'lPath='.$prev['parent_id'] : '') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>
				<?php
					}
				?>				 
				<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
				<td align="right" align="center"><?php echo tep_draw_form('check_links', tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS, '', 'NONSSL'), 'post', 'onSubmit="return true;" onReset="return true"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('action_search', 'process'); ?>
				Search <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('links_search', '', 'maxlength="255", size="30"', false) . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', SEARCH); ?> 
		 	 		 </form></td>
				<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS_SUBMIT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_submit_link.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_SUBMIT_LINK) . '</a>'; ?></td>
				<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			  </tr>
			</table></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>		  
	  <tr>
	   <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_LINK_SEARCH); ?></td>
	  </tr>		 
	</table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->

Hi Jack,

I am finally back to working on this again. The below instructions are what I did when setting up the contribution initially - so apparently I guessed the correct solution before looking at the forums.

I did try your suggestion by setting the language to "All" rather than "English" - but still no dice. If I turn off showing links in categories I don't get to see any links - not even the Featured link - on the catalog/links.php page. If I turn it on, then everything works.

I am at a complete loss here. I have this on a test server and am willing, if you are interested, to email you access if you want to see the settings I've got and if I've missed something simple. I have a feeling it is in the actual catalog/links.php file as I don't find any scripting there for the case where categories is turned off.

I am going to download a couple of older versions and compare the catalog/links.php file and see if I come up with anything.

~Tracy

Ok - but with them assigned to a category they don't show up on the catalog/links.php page with show categories set to false in the admin. I can find the

in catalog/links.php but I cannot find any else statement for this, or an if (LINKS_SHOW_CATEGORIES == 'False') { statement - am I missing something?

Try this. In links.php, change this line
	$count_links_query = tep_db_query("select l.links_status from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join  " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id left join " . TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES . " l2c on l2c.links_id = ld.links_id left join  " . TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES . " lc on l2c.link_categories_id = lc.link_categories_id  where (l.links_status = 2 and ( ld.language_id = 99 or ld.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "')  and lc.link_categories_id = '" . (int)$parentID . "')");

to this

$showCat = (LINKS_SHOW_CATEGORIES == 'True' ? ' and lc.link_categories_id = \'' . (int)$parentID . '\'' : '');
$count_links_query = tep_db_query("select l.links_status from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join  " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id left join " . TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES . " l2c on l2c.links_id = ld.links_id left join  " . TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES . " lc on l2c.link_categories_id = lc.link_categories_id  where (l.links_status = 2 and ( ld.language_id = 99 or ld.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "') " . $showCat . ")");

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It Worked!! Thank you very much!! :D

Try this. In links.php, change this line

to this

$showCat = (LINKS_SHOW_CATEGORIES == 'True' ? ' and lc.link_categories_id = \'' . (int)$parentID . '\'' : '');
$count_links_query = tep_db_query("select l.links_status from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join  " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld on l.links_id = ld.links_id left join " . TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES . " l2c on l2c.links_id = ld.links_id left join  " . TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES . " lc on l2c.link_categories_id = lc.link_categories_id  where (l.links_status = 2 and ( ld.language_id = 99 or ld.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "') " . $showCat . ")");

Jack

~Tracy

You're welcome. And thank you for being the test rat. :) I'll upload an updated version soon so others won't have such problems.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. It just includes the fixes stated within the last few pages. Only the links.php file changed as far as existing installations are concerned.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I was informed by a link exchange partner that I have an error message. When I open the links page and select submit link, I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'language_id' in 'where clause'

select * from links_exchange where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I guess I'm to stupid to figure out whats causing this, the contribution was working fine.

Thanks, Rickey

No problem - I'm just glad it was something you were able to fix and that I've found another awesome contribution that also provides excellent support!! :D

You're welcome. And thank you for being the test rat. :) I'll upload an updated version soon so others won't have such problems.

Jack

~Tracy

Hi Jack,

I was informed by a link exchange partner that I have an error message. When I open the links page and select submit link, I get this error:

[TEP STOP]

I guess I'm to stupid to figure out whats causing this, the contribution was working fine.

Thanks, Rickey

It's probably the same problem as that menioned a few pages back.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack.

Can you tell me what might be causing this error:

[TEP STOP]

I get this when I click on submit link from the catalog side.

Hi Jack.

[TEP STOP]

Sorry I didn't see your reply above

Hi Jack.

[TEP STOP]

I have searched but I am unable to find the resolution for this error.

Per the update instructions, make this change to the database

ALTER TABLE `links_exchange` ADD `language_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL;

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I am new to this so this may be a stupid question but I can't get any links to show up on my website. I followed the instruction step by step. When a person submits a link I get an email telling me to check to make sure that they have my link on their website to verify. But when I go into my administration control panal I have nothing about the link that they are wanting me to post on my website. How do I get their link to show up on my website?

shawn

OK, so are you saying when you goto admin, there isn't a Links Manager II section?

Jack

No I have the Links Manager II section. It's when somebody goes to my website and submits a link I get a email that says check reciprical website to verify and accept, then I can to my admin control panal and click on the links manager II and I can't find anything about a link that was submitted and needs approved. How do I approve the links to show up on the website, and where do I do this at?