• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

hi there can anyone help me please i have installed 1.17 it works fine apart from when i make a catorie then go to shop click link everything is fine but when you click the catorie it sends me to

http://davidgalore.com/superstore/travel-l...html?parentid=0

with error http not found am i doing something wrong i have deleted and reinstalled the system but still got the problem but if i disable the catorie and just have one link then it works

thanks

hi there can anyone help me please i have installed 1.17 it works fine apart from when i make a catorie then go to shop click link everything is fine but when you click the catorie it sends me to

http://davidgalore.com/superstore/travel-l...html?parentid=0

with error http not found am i doing something wrong i have deleted and reinstalled the system but still got the problem but if i disable the catorie and just have one link then it works

thanks

Try it with the url rewriter turned off to see if that is the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

hi i have just done another install but get this error any ideas how i can get over this error

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/davie/public_html/superstore/includes/filenames.php:74) in /home/davie/public_html/superstore/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

It appears you are using an old version. The fix to change the link is either in the support thread for that version or early on in this one.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I have encountered some problems with this contribution that have proved difficult to resolve by simply reading the support threads alone. I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction to where I can correct both of these things. There are two difficulties. The first one is the search function does not work. If I enter a term and do a search, it always comes back with "No Matches Found". The second problem is the main categories page and each individual category page takes forever to load. Clicking on the main categories page puts most of the categories on the screen but then takes 30 to 60 seconds to complete the last few categories plus the search box and link exchange button. It's similar with the individual category pages except that with these, it takes 30 to 60 seconds to show anything and then all the links/search box/exchange button appear at once. Other than that, the contribution appears to be working fine. It's been installed for a few weeks now and has made our link exchange program substantially easier to manage. Any ideas of what the problems may be?

Thank you,

JR

It works fine here and no one has reported such problems so it is probably something specific to your installation. I don't know how many links you have but, perhaps, if there is a large amount, that would account for the slowness. All I can think to suggest is that you install it into a fresh shop and see how it works with just a few links. Then, assuming it works fine, start building up the links and see what happens. It could be a link with corrupted data I supose. In that case, I would copy the link tables from the live to the test shop and, if it is slow, start deleting links until it speeds up.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I need some help with Links Manager II. I installed what I thought was the newest version.

I'm getting page not found when I click on any of the categories.

The URL says: http://www.oneclickdeals.net/business-link...html?parentid=0

and then it says not found.

I've double checked my installation and every seems good.

Thanks

Try turning off any rewrite option you may be using to see if the problem goes away.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try turning off any rewrite option you may be using to see if the problem goes away.

Jack

I don't understand how to do that. Where would I find the options to turn off the rewrite?

I don't understand how to do that. Where would I find the options to turn off the rewrite?
It depends on if you have such a contribution installed. If not, then the Search Engine Friendly option in admin->Configuration should be off (false).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It depends on if you have such a contribution installed. If not, then the Search Engine Friendly option in admin->Configuration should be off (false).

Jack

I checked and that is set to false.

Any other suggestions?

I checked and that is set to false.

Any other suggestions?

Accoring to your original post, the link is being rewritten. If you have turned off that option and it still fails, then I can't think of what else it might be. It would require more testing to try to figure it out.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

I am using 1.17 and have these warnings come up on links manager in the admin panel, can anyone help me sort it out please.

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/twmayes/domains/colour-counselling-therapy-healing.com/public_html/catalogue/admin/links.php on line 794

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/twmayes/domains/colour-counselling-therapy-healing.com/public_html/catalogue/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/twmayes/domains/colour-counselling-therapy-healing.com/public_html/catalogue/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Hello

I am using 1.17 and have these warnings come up on links manager in the admin panel, can anyone help me sort it out please.

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/twmayes/domains/colour-counselling-therapy-healing.com/public_html/catalogue/admin/links.php on line 794

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/twmayes/domains/colour-counselling-therapy-healing.com/public_html/catalogue/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/twmayes/domains/colour-counselling-therapy-healing.com/public_html/catalogue/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

It's a php compatibility issue. There are some fixes posted in this thread.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's a php compatibility issue. There are some fixes posted in this thread.

Jack

Hello Jack

Thanks for the guidance but I have checked out the patches and I have done so many add ins that it is going corupt a number of other contributions, i have also searched the topic for php compatibility and have found nothing.

Could you specify which files need updating I have the latest download or point me in the right direction.

Thanks again

Trevor

Hello Jack

Thanks for the guidance but I have checked out the patches and I have done so many add ins that it is going corupt a number of other contributions, i have also searched the topic for php compatibility and have found nothing.

Could you specify which files need updating I have the latest download or point me in the right direction.

Thanks again

Trevor

Hello Jack

You were right i found this http://mirahost.com/support/index.php?_m=k...;kbarticleid=69 which explained about the problem with PHP5 upgrade i changed to code on line 794 of admin/links.php from $lInfo_array = array_merge($links, $category); to $lInfo_array = array_merge((array)$links, (array)$category); and it now works fine.

hope this helps sombody else

Regards

Trevor

Accoring to your original post, the link is being rewritten. If you have turned off that option and it still fails, then I can't think of what else it might be. It would require more testing to try to figure it out.

Jack

I have this contribution on my site...will this have any clues as to the linking problem?

SEO URLs

Title Value Action

Enable SEO URLs? true

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Add category parent to begining of URLs? true

Filter Short Words 3

Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)? true

Enable SEO cache to save queries? true

Enable product cache? true

Enable categories cache? true

Enable manufacturers cache? true

Enable articles cache? true

Enable topics cache? true

Enable information cache? true

Enable link directory cache? true

Enable automatic redirects? true

Choose URL Rewrite Type Rewrite

Enter special character conversions

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false

Reset SEO URLs Cache false

Have you tried turning it off as suggested? If so and the problem goes away, then it is probably the version you are using. Version d or e works with Links Manager.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Have you tried turning it off as suggested? If so and the problem goes away, then it is probably the version you are using. Version d or e works with Links Manager.

Jack

O.k. I turned it off and Links Manager did work properly.

This is the version I have installed.

Ultimate_SEO_URLS_2.1d_with_all_fix_rus.zip

Can you guide me to the next step?

Thanks,

Sherry

Edited by bluewaves

In the all, pending, approved, disabled, and waiting statuses at the top of the page in the links area in the drop down box I get this error when clicking on anything other than "All".

Links Search:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'l.links_status = '4' and' at line 1

select count(*) as total from links l left join ( links_description ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id ) l.links_status = '4' and

[TEP STOP]

How would this be corrected?

O.k. I turned it off and Links Manager did work properly.

This is the version I have installed.

Ultimate_SEO_URLS_2.1d_with_all_fix_rus.zip

Can you guide me to the next step?

Thanks,

Sherry

You will need to ask in the Ultimate SEO thread for support on that. All I can suggest is to make sure your version has the Links Manager code installed with the fix for the latest version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons