• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

According to your posts and the errors, your shop is located in the catalog directory. So instead of it should be

Jack

Sorry for all the trouble, Im completly lost now and don't know what to try next. I had to remove the changes in column left, column right and catalog/includes/boxes/information because it made my boxes too wide and gave me other errors.

on my home page as seen below. I'm working with a live shop so I can't leave the errors on site.

Walt

Warning: main(includes/boxes/links.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/virtual1/66/175/33/157/html/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 42

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/boxes/links.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /usr/local/www/virtual1/66/175/33/157/html/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 42

I think you are probably uploading to the wrong place on the server. You need to make sure the files are where they should be.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you mean the whole page goes blank, then that is usually caused by uploading the links.php file that belongs in the english directory to the root directory.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

If you mean the whole page goes blank, then that is usually caused by uploading the links.php file that belongs in the english directory to the root directory.

Jack

Thanks Jack,

there was a file missing in the dutch directory, the problem is solved, a new problem arived. I tranlate everything to dutch but there are 3 things i cant find.

1. in colum_left of the shop in the information box "Links" i want it to be Linken but i cant find it in the language files.

2. HEADING_TITLE is displayd in stead of the title i gave it.

3. HEADING_TITLE_SEARCH is displayd, i cant find where to change it.

Mitch

You have to add the links manager files in the languages directories to any language you want to use.

Jack

I have 3 files uploaded in the language directory's:

links.php

links_submit.php

links_submit_succes.php

i cant find any more

Mitch

Hi Jack, this is a great contibution I am trying to set up the link info for simplicity

you recommend

define('LINK_NAME', 'Link Name');

define('LINK_DESCRIPTION', 'My home page sells the best products you can imagine.');

define('LINK_URL', 'http://www.myhomepage.com');

I have modified this to read

define('LINK_NAME', '' . STORE_NAME . '');

this works a treat and places the storename as a title

however what do I call to pull the stores description from HTC and what do i call for the stores URL

Thanks in advance

Hi Jack

Thanks for LINK MANAGER II.

I am new to LM and have just installed it. I get the LINKS link on my home page and I can add a link. I also get the email notifications.

I am unable to approve the links. As far as I can tell, there should be a Links Manager section in the Admin page but I have nothing there. Where should I be looking to fix this?

cheers,

Patrick Markham

Hi Jack, this is a great contibution I am trying to set up the link info for simplicity

you recommend

however what do I call to pull the stores description from HTC and what do i call for the stores URL

Thanks in advance

The keyword for the page should be the named used, in some fashion. That is almost never the store name so making that change would be a mistake, from an SEO point of view.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Thanks for LINK MANAGER II.

I am new to LM and have just installed it. I get the LINKS link on my home page and I can add a link. I also get the email notifications.

I am unable to approve the links. As far as I can tell, there should be a Links Manager section in the Admin page but I have nothing there. Where should I be looking to fix this?

cheers,

If you are not seeing a Links Manager link in admin, then you didn't complete the installation. You will need to go over the instructions again. Look for the change to the admin/includes/column_left.php file to start.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are not seeing a Links Manager link in admin, then you didn't complete the installation. You will need to go over the instructions again. Look for the change to the admin/includes/column_left.php file to start.

Jack

Jack,

Thanks for the rapid response. Is see my error(s)! I have confused the 'catalogue/admin/includes' and 'catalogue/includes' directories from time to time!

arrrghhhh!

Patrick Markham

Okay, all files in the right places now!

I stall have an

Admin -> Configuration -> Links

but not an

Admin -> Links Manager II

Do I need to re-run setup? I have tried but got the message: Looks like Links Manager is already installed. Aborting...

cheers

Patrick Markham

Okay, all files in the right places now!

I stall have an

Admin -> Configuration -> Links

but not an

Admin -> Links Manager II

Do I need to re-run setup? I have tried but got the message: Looks like Links Manager is already installed. Aborting...

cheers

If you have done the installation correctly, it may be that you have the admin access contribution installed. In that case, you have to enable the file before it display.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you have done the installation correctly, it may be that you have the admin access contribution installed. In that case, you have to enable the file before it display.

Jack

"admin access contribution"?? What's that? And how do I enable it?

Patrick Markham

"admin access contribution"?? What's that? And how do I enable it?
You don't enable it. It is a contribution that controls how your admin is viewed by various members. If you don't have it installed, it is not the problem and needn't be concerned about. If you do, then you need to ask in its support thread as to how to use it. If you have it installed, there will be a administration section in your admin.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Oh, I see. I don't have it installed then. It's a new installation of OSCommerce.

I'm not even sure what else I'm supposed to see! I have a 'Links' link below 'Sessions' in the Admin > Configuration section but this just does config settings. I'm looking for the bit where I can manage my link requests.

I also have a 'Links' link on my shop page for requesting a link (that works okay)

Any other suggestions?

Patrick

Edited by patrick101

Patrick Markham

You've missed a step in the installation. See my text regarding the left column.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your patience.

I have the line

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'links.php');

in admin/includes/column_left.php

Will I need to rerun setup following my initial errors?

Patrick Markham

QUOTE(Brian-Bear @ Nov 12 2007, 09:31 AM)

you recommend

Thanks in advance

The keyword for the page should be the named used, in some fashion. That is almost never the store name so making that change would be a mistake, from an SEO point of view.

Jack

Hi Jack, an inbound link is still what is achieved and yes it would be better with a keyword but this is like a default setting that can be fine tuned later, Do you know what pulls the default description from Header Tags Controller.

Can I make a suggetion, that you could enter your websites custom link details from admin in any updates of link manager 11

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your patience.

I have the line

in admin/includes/column_left.php

Will I need to rerun setup following my initial errors?

Change the line

to

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'customers.php');

Does it show up?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, an inbound link is still what is achieved and yes it would be better with a keyword but this is like a default setting that can be fine tuned later, Do you know what pulls the default description from Header Tags Controller.

Can I make a suggetion, that you could enter your websites custom link details from admin in any updates of link manager 11

An inbound link is of little use if not setup correctly. If you have header tags code installed in the head section of the page, then HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT will hold the default description. I didn't add the code for the site information in admin because it can't be added as an option in the links settings section. A new page would have to be created to handle it and I ran out of time for working on the project on this go-around.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons