• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

Then it sounds like your admin configure file is setup incorrectly. Look in that file and make sure DIR_WS_CATALOG is set to catalog.

Jack

Hi Jack

in admin/includes/configure.php this is the code I have:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/brookley/public_html/golfgear4lessuk/catalog/'); // absolute path required

Hi Matt,

I also had the same problem you had and I have applied the recommended fix and it worked for me, so it is probably something in your config file.

Hi is this wahat you changed? mine is already set to the code below

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/brookley/public_html/golfgear4lessuk/catalog/'); // absolute path required

Hi Jack

That looks fine. Try this. Place this code after the line of code I posted previously
echo HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'links.php?lPath=' . $category['link_categories_id'];

Then edit a link and click update. You should get a line printed out with the link (along with an error). What is the first line?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That looks fine. Try this. Place this code after the line of code I posted previously
echo HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'links.php?lPath=' . $category['link_categories_id'];

Then edit a link and click update. You should get a line printed out with the link (along with an error). What is the first line?

Jack

Hi Jack

I had to re-install my store and now all is working fine, thanks Matt

just installed 1.17 and the admin files dont work.

Links, Link Categories, Links Contact load blank and there is no errors

Links Featured & Links Status work ok

Any one know what might be going on?

Rob

just installed 1.17 and the admin files dont work.

Links, Link Categories, Links Contact load blank and there is no errors

Links Featured & Links Status work ok

Any one know what might be going on?

Rob

Hi Rob,

I run into the same trap - please see my entry a while ago. It seems to be the known problem with the SEO safe URL Option - which has to be to set to 'False' (but I don't know why).

Regards babba

Edited by babba

Hi Rob,

I run into the same trap - please see my entry a while ago. It seems to be the known problem with the SEO safe URL Option - which has to be to set to 'False' (but I don't know why).

Regards babba

Nop still dont work.

I've just installed v1.16 (didn't see the 1.17 package). When manually adding a link from the admin, it keeps telling me category required when I select one of the existing categories I made in the drop down. When I create a new one, it works, I then have to go and switch the category back to the correct one after the fact.

Is there a 1.17 patch and is this fixed?

Thanks.

I don't recall that problem in 1.16 and no one has mentioned it in 1.17 so I don't have an answer for you except that you might get that message if one of the other required fields is missing.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

How can I make this contribution works for Links Manager II 1.17? The old code for links manager is not working anymore; there will be a "parentid=x" hanging around at the end of the url. And also, when you at the very top of the links category, i.g., you are not in any of the category, entering a first level of the category, then click back button to go back to the links.php; but, the url is rewrite to as http://path/to/my/shop/-links-0.html.

• 2 weeks later...

Those options didn't change (except for the new ones) so there's no reason that I can think of that would prevent them from working.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When I downloaded the LinksManager II_V_1.17, and go to the readme section, it gives me the 1.16 version, is this correct?? I installed it manually in osc, and received some errors along with some page distortion, good thing for backups, is it better to install this add on using my FTP? As one can see Im new at this, please have patients.

Wallyr41

When I downloaded the LinksManager II_V_1.17, and go to the readme section, it gives me the 1.16 version, is this correct?? I installed it manually in osc, and received some errors along with some page distortion, good thing for backups, is it better to install this add on using my FTP? As one can see Im new at this, please have patients.

Wallyr41

The version is determined by the zip package you download, not the text in the readme. The version in the readme should have been changed but wasn't. By page distortion, I assume you mean the links page in the shop. Any contribution that adds pages to the shop may need to be edited. The code works fine for a stock oscomerce shop but may not for ones that have been altered. I don't know what you mean about installing it using FTP. The files have to be uploaded to the server. That can only be done with FTP.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for the great contrib. Everything works like a charm.

Question:

Is there a way to truntricate the link addresses in the links. Some of mine are very long due to being an affiliate with other companies. This distorts the view and you have to scroll over to see the rest of the page.

Example:

http://signs-n-such.com/storefront/links.php

I would just remove the url from the listing since the title has the link in it. Or the vertical listing may provide enough room.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The version is determined by the zip package you download, not the text in the readme. The version in the readme should have been changed but wasn't. By page distortion, I assume you mean the links page in the shop. Any contribution that adds pages to the shop may need to be edited. The code works fine for a stock oscomerce shop but may not for ones that have been altered. I don't know what you mean about installing it using FTP. The files have to be uploaded to the server. That can only be done with FTP.

Jack

I downloaded the Links Manager II V 1.17 Jack_mcs 8 Jul 2007

When I changed the code in column right or colums left boxes as per instructions in the readme, it distorted the info box, what I mean by this is, instead of the box being 2 inches wide they became four inches wide, I change the code twice and got the same results. after removing the code, the boxes returned to the right size, I probably made the same mistake twice. I'll try again today, I have read everything that I can find about Link Manager II, knowing it is a easy install as some will say but when your not a PHP geru, one has problems. When I go to my home page and click on Link, I get "This Page cannot be found", but when I type in www.mysite.links.html, I get my link page. Thanks for your help or any more you may offer. I installed the link manager using FTP as that was a newbie question, sorry.

Wallyr41

the code from the readme is as follows

8: In catalog/includes/column_right.php (or column_left.php per your preference)

ADD anywhere before the last ?>:

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'links.php');

11: In catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php

ADD anywhere before the last ?>:

// Links Manager II v1.16 begin

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'links.php');

// Links Manager II v1.16 end

It sounds like you may not have made the changes to the english file or maybe all of the files were not uploaded. If the code can't find a definition, which those files contain, it will print out the actual text and that would make the box wider.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you may not have made the changes to the english file or maybe all of the files were not uploaded. If the code can't find a definition, which those files contain, it will print out the actual text and that would make the box wider.

Jack

Thanks Jack, After reading thousands of your posts while searching for answers I wonder when you have time to reply to all the questions. I will uninstall the contrib tonight and try again, another problem is that I don't know where to find the following /catalog/includes/languages/english/links_submit.php. I've been on every line and still cannot locate the links_submit.php section. any ideas what wrong?

Thanks again in advance. Wallyr41

That is a file with the path included. First, you may not have a catalog directory. That is a standard oscommerce way of referring to the root directory. The includes/languages/english refers to the directory. The links_submit.php is the file within that directory.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That is a file with the path included. First, you may not have a catalog directory. That is a standard oscommerce way of referring to the root directory. The includes/languages/english refers to the directory. The links_submit.php is the file within that directory.

Jack

Thanks Jack for all your help, still cant locate the submit.php file, but for now I uninstalled the contrib, all kinds of error are now showing up such as this one below.

I installed the contrib three time and got the same errors each time, Thanks again for your quick responses.

Wallyr41

Errors

Warning: main(includes/boxes/links.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/virtual1/66/175/33/157/html/catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 23Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/links.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /usr/local/www/virtual1/66/175/33/157/html/catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 23

Can you locate those files in the contribution package? If sure seems like they are not being uploaded to your server.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Can you locate those files in the contribution package? If sure seems like they are not being uploaded to your server.

Jack

Hi Jack. Yes I have located those files in the contribution pagkage, I have uploaded them again and reinstalled the changes in the readme instructions.

Checked it twice after installing, As suggested in the readme, I enter into a broswer http://wwwflagsandkites.com/links_submit.php, I get "This web page connot be found".

The errors below are when I go to my site and click on the word Link in the left column.

Any ideas? Thanks for all you help

Walt

Warning: main(includes/functions/links.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/virtual1/66/175/33/157/html/catalog/links.php on line 15

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/links.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /usr/local/www/virtual1/66/175/33/157/html/catalog/links.php on line 15

Here are the Linksphp file from my site lines 12 through 16

////

// Construct a path to the link

// TABLES: links_to_link_categories

function tep_get_link_path($links_id) {

$lPath = '';

Edited by Wallyr41

Hi Jack. Yes I have located those files in the contribution pagkage, I have uploaded them again and reinstalled the changes in the readme instructions.

Checked it twice after installing, As suggested in the readme, I enter into a broswer http://wwwflagsandkites.com/links_submit.php, I get "This web page connot be found".

The errors below are when I go to my site and click on the word Link in the left column.

Any ideas? Thanks for all you help

Walt

Warning: main(includes/functions/links.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/virtual1/66/175/33/157/html/catalog/links.php on line 15

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/links.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /usr/local/www/virtual1/66/175/33/157/html/catalog/links.php on line 15

Here are the Linksphp file from my site lines 12 through 16

////

// Construct a path to the link

// TABLES: links_to_link_categories

function tep_get_link_path($links_id) {

$lPath = '';

According to your posts and the errors, your shop is located in the catalog directory. So instead of

it should be

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons