• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

To visit it manually, open a browser, type in the url and press enter.

As I recall, the problem occurred in the last version as well but you could check that support thread to be sure.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

i have a problem i just installed the latest version 1.7 with the update to oscommerce version rc1 using php5 it was a clean install on the link index page http://angelstoyshop.com/osCommerce/links.php i get teh error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '( links_description ld, links_to_link_categories l2c, link_categories lc ) on (l' at line 1

select l.links_status from links l LEFT JOIN ( links_description ld, links_to_link_categories l2c, link_categories lc ) on (l.links_status = 2 and ld.language_id = '1' and l2c.links_id = l.links_id and lc.parent_id = '0')

[TEP STOP]

and on the admin index page http://angelstoyshop.com/..../admin/links.php i get

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '( links_description ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id ) ' at line 1

select count(*) as total from links l left join ( links_description ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id )

[TEP STOP]

in the \includes\classes\split_page_results.php the code has been changed to this $this->sql_query .= " limit " . max($offset, 0) . ", " . $this->number_of_rows_per_page;

what could be causing the proble and how do i solve it

thanks

lenard

Try this, from the readme.txt:

Possible Problems

If you get a message like

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to

your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1"

it is caused by a know code problem with mysql. To fix it, open the

admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php file and

CHANGE THIS:

$sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

TO THIS:

$sql_query .= " limit " . max($offset,0) . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

OR try this, which solved a similar problem for me

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to

your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1"

in admin/link.php

find:

$where = '';

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {

$keywords = tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']));

$where = ' where ';

$search = " ld.links_title like '%" . $keywords . "%' or l.links_url like '%" . $keywords . "%'";

}

if ($showLinkStatus == 'All')

$links_query_raw = "select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_reciprocal_disable, l.links_status from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join ( " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id ) " . $where . $search . " order by " . $order;

else

$links_query_raw = "select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_reciprocal_disable, l.links_status from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join ( " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id ) " . $where . " l.links_status = '" . $showLinkStatus . "' and " . $search . " order by " . $order;

replace with:

$where = ' where ';

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {

$keywords = tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']));

$where = ' where ';

$search = " and ld.links_title like '%" . $keywords . "%' or l.links_url like '%" . $keywords . "%'";

}

else if ($showLinkStatus == 'All')

$where = '';

if ($showLinkStatus == 'All')

$links_query_raw = "select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_reciprocal_disable, l.links_status from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join ( " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id ) " . $where . $search . " order by " . $order;

else

$links_query_raw = "select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_reciprocal_disable, l.links_status from " . TABLE_LINKS . " l left join ( " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id ) " . $where . " l.links_status = '" . $showLinkStatus . "'" . $search . " order by " . $order;

Good luck!

Hi, I've got the contrib installed and working but when go to checkout I get the "this page contains both secure and insecure items... " message from internet explorer.

This only happens if i have the featured links option turned on. Is there any change I can make to the contrib so that I do not get the messages during checkout? Is it because the links being referred to in the featured links setup are not SSL?

Thanks for a great contrib!

Hi, I've got the contrib installed and working but when go to checkout I get the "this page contains both secure and insecure items... " message from internet explorer.

This only happens if i have the featured links option turned on. Is there any change I can make to the contrib so that I do not get the messages during checkout? Is it because the links being referred to in the featured links setup are not SSL?

Thanks for a great contrib!

That is probably the reason. In the includes/boxes/links.php file, change this
if (tep_db_num_rows($link_featured_query) > 0) {

to this

if ($request_type == NONSSL && tep_db_num_rows($link_featured_query) > 0) {

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

That is probably the reason. In the includes/boxes/links.php file, change this
if (tep_db_num_rows($link_featured_query) > 0) {

to this

if ($request_type == NONSSL && tep_db_num_rows($link_featured_query) > 0) {

Jack

Yessss! that worked! Thanks Jack. This contrib will really help make my sight "sticky". :thumbsup:

Look in admin->Links Manager->Links and select Pending from the dropdown.

Jack

I do not seem to have that option in admin I have included a screenshot, I only have a Links tab to change settings?

Thanks

Matt

linksadmin.gif

I do not seem to have that option in admin I have included a screenshot, I only have a Links tab to change settings?
You are looking in admin->Configuration->Links. From the screenshot, you are missing the Links section completely. You need to go back through the admin install.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks

Matt

linksadmin.gif

Thanks Jack turns out I did not copy the correct code for the columns_left.php in the admin/includes duh

Hi Jack

When someones adds a link to my site it sends them an email for saying where their link is for example http://golfgear4lessuk.com/links.php?lPath=8

but their actual link is at http://golfgear4lessuk.com/catalog/links.p...d=0&lPath=8.

How do I correct the automatically generated email to have the links correct address

Regards

Matt

Hi Jack

When someones adds a link to my site it sends them an email for saying where their link is for example http://golfgear4lessuk.com/links.php?lPath=8

but their actual link is at http://golfgear4lessuk.com/catalog/links.p...d=0&lPath=8.

How do I correct the automatically generated email to have the links correct address

Regards

Matt

What version are you using?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have just installed the version 1.17 as well as the last version of ultimate SEO, but I have despite everything the bonds with: parentid=

What do I have to make to have url writing?

http://www.santenature.fr/links.php?parentid=0&lPath=1

That is because of the change in v 1.17. I plan on working on it but I can't say when.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi I am using 1.17 8 july 07 upped by you I think

Matt

Try this: In admin/inks.php, find
$siteURL = sprintf("%s/links.php?lPath=%s", HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER,$category['link_categories_id']);

and replace it with

$siteURL = sprintf("%s%slinks.php?lPath=%s", HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER,DIR_WS_CATALOG,$category['link_categories_id']);

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try this: In admin/inks.php, find
$siteURL = sprintf("%s/links.php?lPath=%s", HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER,$category['link_categories_id']);

and replace it with

$siteURL = sprintf("%s%slinks.php?lPath=%s", HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER,DIR_WS_CATALOG,$category['link_categories_id']);

Jack

Hi

I still cant get it to work I get directed to this page http://golfgear4lessuk.com/links.php?lPath=8 when it needs to be http://golfgear4lessuk.com/catalog/links.p...d=0&lPath=8.

Thanks

Matt

Hi

I have just installed v1.17 and everything seems to be working just fine on the admin side, however on my catalog side all I get is the fllowing error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/private/public_html/private/includes/header.php:182) in /home/private/public_html/private/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

I have gone thru the installation 4 times already.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this!

Thanks...

DawnMarieGifts

Hi

I still cant get it to work I get directed to this page http://golfgear4lessuk.com/links.php?lPath=8 when it needs to be http://golfgear4lessuk.com/catalog/links.p...d=0&lPath=8.

Thanks

Matt

Then it sounds like your admin configure file is setup incorrectly. Look in that file and make sure DIR_WS_CATALOG is set to catalog.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I have just installed v1.17 and everything seems to be working just fine on the admin side, however on my catalog side all I get is the fllowing error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/private/public_html/private/includes/header.php:182) in /home/private/public_html/private/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

I have gone thru the installation 4 times already.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this!

Thanks...

See this.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

See this.

Jack

Thanks Jack, I actually fixed it by removing require left column and require right column since they are being called from the header anyways.

It's working great now.

I do have a cosmetic problem, but I'll put it in a new post so we can close this issue.

Again Thanks a bunch!

DawnMarieGifts

When you removed the left column, you may have just removed the include statement so that the table is still in there causing the space.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

I also had the same problem you had and I have applied the recommended fix and it worked for me, so it is probably something in your config file.