• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

There can only be one instance of a function. You will need to delete one them, assuming the code is the same. If not, you will need to rename one of them and anywhere where the function is called.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you replace all of your files with the ones in the new version and make the database changes? The link information is just standard oscommerce code. There shouldn't be any reason it is not showing except for an installation error, at least none I can think of. For the category problem, it may be related to the php and/or mysql version you are using. But I can't fix it if I can't see the problem, which I can't. If I find a solution, I will post it but there is no telling when that might be.

Jack

Ok, it is the fact that allow seo urls still in development is says. I shut that off and they go into categories. Click the category link and everything works like normal. I would rather use the seo links. Anyway that you can give me a code or something to fix this to make it work?

The SEO Url option is admin does not work for many servers and is not recommended, even for the ones it does work, since the generated url's are not properly optimized. You are better advised to install the Ultimate SEO contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The SEO Url option is admin does not work for many servers and is not recommended, even for the ones it does work, since the generated url's are not properly optimized. You are better advised to install the Ultimate SEO contribution.

Jack

Thank you very much. Your help and updated mod have been very much appreciated.

back on track with dispaly error ON ..

so .. when i try tu submit link via links_submit.php it resides on normal server .. when hitting Continue script goes to secure server where it says

Warning: main(includes/functions/links.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/web/secure.domain/www/links_submit.php on line 17

Warning: main(includes/functions/links.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/web/secure.domain/www/links_submit.php on line 17

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/links.php' (include_path='.:/usr/pkg/include/php:/usr/pkg/lib/php:/usr/pkg/share/php-jpgraph') in /home/web/secure.domain/www/links_submit.php on line 17

all files are uploaded also to secure server

!?

I'm sorry but I don't have any suggestions. Servers running dual directories like that can present problems. All I can suggest s to ensure all of the files are uploaded to both, which it sounds like you have done.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

yes .. the only fix was this one at #19

i still receive

at admin/links.php

hmm .. could it be, cause i'm on mysql3?

The error 1064 occurs due to Mysql version mismatch,because differnt

versions have differnt

reserved words,which if used by a previous version causes the error to

occur.

hmm .. could it be, cause i'm on mysql3?
Could be. That is an extremely old version. Most code for oscommerce, where it makes a difference, generally requires V 4.1 or higher.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm having a problem with the admin side of the Links Manager II contribution.

I managed to add a couple of categories and when I navigate to the Links page in the Admin panel I get the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select l.links_id, l.links_url, l.links_image_url, l.links_date_added, l.links_last_modified, l.links_status, l.links_clicked, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_contact_name, l.links_contact_email, l.links_reciprocal_url, l.links_reciprocal_disable, l.links_status from links l left join ( links_description ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id ) order by ld.links_title limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

I copied the SQL right from here and dropped it into a SQL box in phpMyAdmin and the query failed until I changes the -20 to 0 in the limit clause of the query. Could this be due to an improper use of the splitPageResults class?

Thanks,

Andy

It's due a mysql compatibility problem. You need to apply the fix for the includes/classes/split_page_results.php file from the oscommerce updates.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have Links Manager V 1.14 installed. Everything was fine until I received an email from a link partner in which she said that she was expecting a direct link to her site not a redirect! I asked her to explain as I didn't understand what exactly she was talking about. She said that when she pointed the mouse to her link on our site, it reads:

www.OUR_SITE.com/redirect.php?action=links&goto=5

while it is supposed to read:

www.HER_SITE.com/

I got the point when I checked my link on her site as it reads:

www.OUR_SITE.com/

and no redirect.

Please let me know how to replace the redirect link with a direct one.

Thank You.

Hi

I wanted to know If this contribution is a solutions to my problem.

I have to link two of the categories to an external site(which is another osc site dedicated to that category)

Will I be able to do that in this mod and How?(just a little primer).

For e.g. My categories are

Categories

Laptop

Monitors

Software( I want this to link to an external site that is exclusively for software)

Services

Thank You

Hi Jack,

I looked at the new version and i look awesome. The only other thing that I can see that would make it better for the end user is to make a text box for our sites info that is a one click highlight so they could quickly copy and paste it to there site. Its not a big deal I just thought that would be pretty cool. Ive seen a lot of asp cgi and html sites that have. Im not one for writing to extensive code or I could help.

Hope I didnt throw a loop in here.

Thanks for all your help, and hard work,

Eric

Thanks for the suggesstion Eric. I've seen that too and it is a good idea. I will put it on the list for the next update.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi jack, im not sure what exact version of links manager i installed, it was few years ago, but the coding is marked as // VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin

so far what i tried was replace the older files with your links manager files and also followed the instructions in the read me file. but for sql i tried to follow the update_bocs but kept getting different errors.

i was wondering if its possible to do a clean install of your version and somehow keep my current links??

your help is very much apprecaited

thankyou