• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Data exchanges with Accounting Programs

RickChase

We are working on a module that will write a CSV dump in the correct field format for Quickbooks and Peachtree. This will tie into the Admin module for the dump and the shopping cart for the file write. We have implemented the MySQL ODBC with limited success also. This may work as a short term solution, but without a formal accounting integration feature, this poses a large gap for professional shop owners. We'll keep you posted on our project.

Any progress on this? We use Peachtree and need to figure out how to make the two communicate with each other.

I found the above post in a locked forum here.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no progress on Peachtree? I see contribs for Quickbooks, why not Peachtree? Makes me wonder what is so difficult about Peachtree.

(skip ahead 20 minutes...) I just called Peachtree and they said that it could not be done by them - that I must hire an outside developer... Does anyone know why Peachtree is so difficult to work with?

Should I just change to Quickbooks?

There seems to be more of these accounting problems surfacing.

I currently have two clients, both using quickbooks, including inventory, one wants a new quote system that can be web based, the other doesn't like quickbooks inventory.

Here are people needing peachtree, etc.

I've started installing the quickbooks iif file contrib. Part of the bummer is that it requires hooks in many different files to call the contrib whenever something happens that might need to be fed to an iif file.

I propose that accounting be handled like shipping: with a defined class system and "plugins" to handle the different types of accounting packages.

Then users won't have to go into many files and add lines of php. The hooks to the accounting would be a part of the standard product, and could be turned on and off in the admin area.

I'm also investigating a free, GPL'd accounting package called CK-Ledger (claims support for ap / ar / gl / inventory / PO / SO ) with an eye toward integrating it with oscommerce. It's written in PHP, and is, of course, a web application. I'm not sure of it's capabilities vis-a-vi Quickbooks.

Comments?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
EDITED FOR SPAMM ... Please do not spamm our forums. Thanks, Linda

I see that you're new on the boards. Harold has a very strict non-commerical policy. Any business or advertising is to be conducted off the boards.

Tim