• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Display Shipping Price On Shopping Cart Page

lewisqic

Hi All,

I've searched around the forums as well as the contributions and so far I have not been able to find what i've been looking for.

I've had complaints from customers that when they add a product to their shopping cart, they do not like the fact that they have to register for an account or type in all of their information just to obtain a shipping price. They would like to see the shipping price displayed on the shopping_cart.php page or something like that.

I realize that in order to obtain a shipping price, there must first be at least a zip code entered, but i don't think that this would be too hard of a thing to accomplish. I have created two images in photoshop which illustrates what i have in mind.

The first image simply shows how my current shopping_cart.php page looks after a customer adds a product to their cart, and the second image shows the same page with the same product but it also shows an example of allowing the customer to view the shipping price before they proceed to register for an account.

Now, has anyone ever seen any contributions that will actually allow me to do this? If not, does anyone have any idea on how difficult it would be to create a contribution that would accomplish this? Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated!

First Image:

checkoutimage001.jpg

Second Image:

checkoutimage002.jpg

lewisqic

Hi All,

I've searched around the forums as well as the contributions and so far I have not been able to find what i've been looking for.

ship in cart is the module. It's not hard to install. It has some limitations (shipping quotes by multiple vendors based on different criteria - for instance, UPS in the continental US, USPS for everything else).

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,ship+in+cart