• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

currencies

ukracer

Hi

I am trying to set up with just 3 currences.

? uk pounds

EUR Euros

USD US dollars

I need pounds to be default and therfore 1.00000 but what % do I set Euros and Dollars to and is there any way I can automate the exchange rate process?

Thanks in advance

I need pounds to be default and therfore 1.00000 but what % do I set Euros and Dollars to
Set GBP to 1 and tick default. Then use the "update currencies" button and it is done automatically.

and is there any way I can automate the exchange rate process?
Search the Forum:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24379

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that now I have done that the USD option has gone to 0.000000 and when I set ? as the default it did say I need to edit the options manually. (but never told me what file or what to change :)

I think everything is still a % of dollars instead of ?'s at least the euros are still the same

Have you changed the default currency in (IIRC) application_top.php ?

well no because I can't find docs on how to do this :)

I have found

// check if a default currency is set

if (!defined('DEFAULT_CURRENCY')) {

$messageStack->add(ERROR_NO_DEFAULT_CURRENCY_DEFINED, 'error');

}

// check if a default language is set

if (!defined('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE')) {

$messageStack->add(ERROR_NO_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_DEFINED, 'error');

}

?>

the above is in that file you mentioned but nothing yet to tell me what to write and where :)

thanks again

Sorry. Try this bit:

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

in catalog/includes/languages/english.php

Sorry. Try this bit:

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

Sorry???

You are helping me dont forget :wink:

Thats cracked it anyway. It works just fine now.

I would NEVER have found that on my own! :)

So I can crack on with uploading images etc I think I need to re-install windows so I can install I.E 6 as I think this might be quicker to be able to update the data base quicker.

Thanks again for your time.

• 1 month later...
Sorry. Try this bit:

Hi burt

when I had problems last time you helped me fix them. Well now I have made a new installation on a new sever I have done those changes that you wrote above but now all my prices show as 0 any ideas what has gone wrong now??

Thanks in advance

Sorry. Try this bit:

Hi burt

when I had problems last time you helped me fix them. Well now I have made a new installation on a new sever I have done those changes that you wrote above but now all my prices show as 0 any ideas what has gone wrong now??

Thanks in advance

Ok for any one else pulling their hair out. What I actually did in reality I am not sure BUT what I physically did was to add back in the USD while still keeping the GBP as default. I then went to the shop fron clicked on dollars and the correct price came up for them and when I THEN selected pounds the correct price came up in ?'s and is also still default.........so it would seem GBP 's can not exist on their own without the USD can someone confirm this please.

Also how do I send a note in for the FAQ to be changed as its now out of date for the search topic "currency"

Archived