• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Heads Up: Crex Oscommerce Xml

The script uses osCommerce's built in session handling ...it does not do any session handling of its own.

It could be that it works as such for security reasons. However, if more people think adding session preservation as an option is a good idea, then it can be added. (For now, its not "fixed" for security reasons)

...In any case, I am still trying to figure something out that would work in a safe manner. Any body have any hints?

Hello,

I have gotten the get_product and get_cartegories xml file to work on the external site. I am able to retrieve the information and display it, which is great.

But I can not get the retrieve_cart command to work when called on the external site. When I try executing the retrieve_cart command in my browser, it comes back with the contents of my cart, but when I use it in my external site, it always comes back with the cart being empty. I believe that it is probably has something to do with the wrong cookie being used, but I don't know for sure and don't know what to do to fix it. The commands to retrieve products and categories don't require any session or identification information whereas the retrieve_cart will. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Here is how I have the sessions configured:

Session Directory /tmp

Force Cookie Use True

Check SSL Session ID True

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session True

Thanks for your help.

It could be that it works as such for security reasons. However, if more people think adding session preservation as an option is a good idea, then it can be added. (For now, its not "fixed" for security reasons)

I would welcome a way to preserve the OsC session outside the cart. I am having the same issue, ie. I lose the session when I call the script externally.

Cheers,

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, I cant think of another way without using a session token based system. The bad part about such a system is that it would be very exposed to session stealing.

Guess I wont add it myself...but if someone else decides to...go for it. :P

..Anybody have any ideas on how this should be accomplished... (maybe the osc session functions have this built in???)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, just checking in to see how everything is going. I'd like to know if this mod has met at least some of your needs, and if you have found it easy to use.

Also, i'd like to know what your thoughts are on how its laid out, what can be done to make things easiers, ...etc ...etc...

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

*** NEWS: January 2 2008 ***

CREX version 5 is in the works:

Includes the following:

- The "get_category_products" command will now retrieve more information per product (url, image, price, and some other fields...but not description).

- Minor bug fixes ("get_all_categories" command was not retrieving cpath attributes correctly).

- A few more implemented features.

- And more!

Thanks for your donation(s) .... Remember folks, all donations go towards making CREX - osCommerce XML that much more awesome!

(View the SourceForge.net/crex page to view donation info)

• 3 weeks later...
*** NEWS: January 2 2008 ***

CREX version 5 is in the works:

Includes the following:

- The "get_category_products" command will now retrieve more information per product (url, image, price, and some other fields...but not description).

- Minor bug fixes ("get_all_categories" command was not retrieving cpath attributes correctly).

- A few more implemented features.

- And more!

Thanks for your donation(s) .... Remember folks, all donations go towards making CREX - osCommerce XML that much more awesome!

(View the SourceForge.net/crex page to view donation info)

This mod looks like it has the flexibility we've been looking for to solve a problem we've been struggling with. We need to create a "custom" landing page on a OSC site that would have a button and a few text fields on it. One text field would prompt the user for a part number, they would then press the button to run a script to retrieve the part details on a third party site. We then need to create this "on the fly item" and add it to the cart. Does this sound like something your mod would be good for ? Any tips on the approach ?

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
This mod looks like it has the flexibility we've been looking for to solve a problem we've been struggling with. We need to create a "custom" landing page on a OSC site that would have a button and a few text fields on it. One text field would prompt the user for a part number, they would then press the button to run a script to retrieve the part details on a third party site. We then need to create this "on the fly item" and add it to the cart. Does this sound like something your mod would be good for ? Any tips on the approach ?

Thanks in advance!

I believe so. You should be able to use one or more of the commands listed to retrieve a search query for that part (it uses a copy of the oscommerce search code).

The search will return XML containing the product(s) returned.

CREX also allows you to add said item to your cart.

• 4 months later...

Thank-you for putting this mod together. I might be stating the obvious by asking this, but is there a command I can use that will get the product image and url? I have attempted the get_product command (using the specific product id) and it gives me the image filename, but it doesn't contain a url. Also, is there a way to make the product id variable in the get_product command to work with ranges of 10 or 20 products (random would be preferred)?

Thanks again!

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I know this is an old topic but hope someone can help me.

I have trying to use this mod. But i want to know is it possible to show my products in same way as i can show category?

Here you can see my link http://billigledpære.dk/shop/crex_read.php?cmd=get_category_products&cpath=25

Can i not show all information like picture price and all that?

Best Regards,

Mikkel