• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't get past first hurdle!

jock

HELP!!

Trying to install OSCommerce on a Mac platform. Unpacked files, uploaded to server, made changes to 'Application_top.php' (as laid out in the recent Internet Magazine tutorial :

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.jockturner.com/');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://exchange');

define('ENABLE_SSL', 0); // ssl server enable(1)/disable(0)

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/');

define('DIR_FS_LOGS', '/usr/local/apache/logs/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_PAYMENT_MODULES', DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

but getting this error massage when loading default.php:

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/languages/.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site135/fst/var/www/html/catalog/includes/include_once.php on line 4

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/languages//default.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site135/fst/var/www/html/catalog/includes/include_once.php on line 4

I'm doing something wrong but too new to solve the problem. Can anyone please help me solve this really easy configuration problem. (To see it live go to http://www.jockturner.com/catalog/default.php)

Don't worry, I jiggled things around and finally got it to work.

PS. How stable is 2.2 because it looks great but I don't want to install it if it crashes every 5 minutes?

If you get hold of the latest 'Internet Magazine' (The only internet magazine worth buying as far as I'm concerned) there is a great article on OSCommerce which walks you through set up and adding products etc. (page 80).

PS. I am still getting the error message: (yes I thought I'd fixed it!)

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/languages/.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site135/fst/var/www/html/catalog/includes/include_once.php on line 4

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/languages//default.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site135/fst/var/www/html/catalog/includes/include_once.php on line 4

but strangely if I enter the admin area it disappears when I go back to the catalog. I might have to repost this problem as I did say I'd managed to fix it.

In a word...No

I am still jiggling the paths info in the application_top.php file because that's where I think the problem lies. However, as you have probably guessed I'm more of an end user/amatuer developer and reading error messages in PHP is not my forte.

I wish I could find someone (or some symathetic expert could look at the error and immediately say what was wrong.

I've noticed quite a few people are getting this error but many more have no problems.

Perhaps someone who got the installation to work first time could share their settings and all of us newbies could have more fun instaed of more headaches.

I'll battle on in the meantime...

Cheers and good luck

Jock

OK, I think I may have sorted this one out:

In the application_top.php file where it states:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

try changing this to

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');

It seems to have worked although I don't know if everything else is working yet, but at lerast I can see the layout without those horrible error messages appearing.

Let ne know if that's worked for you.

Thanks for that. To be honest that was my next step anyway as I had read that the installation of 2.2 was far superior to 2.1

My only concern was stability but I am getting used to living 'on the edge' (lol)

Cheers

Hi Jock, thanks for your help! :)

After re-uploading most of the files, I now am able to go into the admin section. There are still smaller bugs, but I think that some files were not uploaded in ASCII mode during the first upload.

In WS FTP Pro I checked "automatically" selection ASCII or Binary, but automatic only sets .txt files to ASCII by default. You have to add extension to that automatically-List.

Maybe this is helpful for other osCommerrce beginners.

Archived