• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a known problem with paypal.php in version 2.1?

I've just installed version 2.1 over the weekend and the only (!!) problem is that I can't get osCommerce to interact correctly with PayPal. The error is "Your browser did not allow us to redirect you to the appropriate page - Error 3021". It's a bit frustrating as everything else seems fine - I just can't get paid! (I want to use PayPal as I think customers trust it, and I already have an account with them). It looks to me as though the code in paypal.php under catalog->includes->modules->payments might not be quite right.

Has anyone else had similar problems, and is there a workaround?

Thanks.

John Green

Has anyone else had similar problems, and is there a workaround?

http://www.oscommerce.com/about.php/news,22

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

The actual order amount is processed in PayPal, but the shipping cost is not being added. How do I get PayPal to accept this?

Also, there is no automatic stock control whatsoever. I have to make all adjustments manually, and I can still process items showing zero stock. The only way to make an item unavailable is the 'out of stock' indicator, but this has the unfortunate side effect of removing it from the screen completely (I still want to see the product, just have it as 'temporarily out of stock' or something like that). Maybe this stock problem is the same regardless of payment method - is it a known 'bug' in 2.1?

Regards.

John Green

The actual order amount is processed in PayPal, but the shipping cost is not being added. How do I get PayPal to accept this?

The shipping cost is on the second page :)

Maybe this stock problem is the same regardless of payment method - is it a known 'bug' in 2.1?

No stock control was not included in 2.1 :)

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

I've since verified that shipping is on the second page of PayPal.

Is stock control going to be in version 2.2? When is this likely to be released?

Regards.

John Green

Is stock control going to be in version 2.2?

It already is :)

When is this likely to be released?

There is no offical release date for 2.2.

Mark Evans

Archived