• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Faq Desk

jbmtk

The problem I'm having is that only the 1st out of 4 questions shows up and when I click on that question, the answer to that question and question #2 shows up. Then one needs to click on question #2 to see the answer and question #3. So to see question #4, one needs to click on question #1, then #2, then #3 and then question #4 will show up. Why is that happening?

Here is the link: BrazilianSecret.com

Thank you for any help in advance!!!

Thanks for your reply Sam!

Before I do this, Please let me understand.. I installed the contribution:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1106 that posted by Fimble 7 feb 2009 (FAQ desk 2.2)

Now, This is a complete distribution so in the SQL query I didn't had this value 'MAX_DISPLAY_ADMIN_SEARCH_RESULT' and I do not have any problem with that OR any page Errors !!

When I enter to admin>tools>faq manager I see 20 lines of results very clear and I can move to the other 20 pages without any problem !!

The problem is when I choose a question/answer and try to edit it, I don't see the question/answer TEXT in side their langauges BOXES so I can't edit the text ! All the rest is functioning very good !

So please let me understand why I need this? Is it relevant to my problem?

Please reply..

Nathali

Hi..

I really need help to fix this problem.. I tried everything without success.. :(

I installed the SQL INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_title`, `configuration.. etc.. and it didn't fix the problem!

Could someone please tell me how to remove this SQL value that I entered. Would also be glad to get some serious help to solve that problem.. Thank you..

Regards,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I installed Faq Desk 2.2 without any problems. Would anyone happen to know how I could remove the "last updated" time/date stamp that shows up in the actual FAQ? I'm not quite sure what I should be commenting out in catalog/faq.php, if that's even the right file to edit?

ok i got it...just cut out line 76 in faq.php

Edited by longhorn1999

Hi,

I solved my problem in the faqdesk 2.2 contribution. I just installed the correction which is:

For those that still have not found the solution to the above error.

Place the following code right before the very end of the ?> of admin/includes/functions/general.php

function tep_array_reverse($array) {
   if (function_exists('array_reverse')) {
     return array_reverse($array);
   } else {
     $reversed_array = array();
     for ($i=sizeof($array)-1; $i>=0; $i--) {
       $reversed_array[] = $array[$i];
     }
     return $reversed_array;
   }
 }

And now I can represent it in my site BUT now I have another issue:

When I press the preview button in the admin FAQ I don't see the text, question/answer ??

I also can't see the text when I press the EDIT button to edit the text !!

Any help please ????

Thanks!

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

Hi,

I solved my problem in the faqdesk 2.2 contribution. I just installed the correction which is:

For those that still have not found the solution to the above error.

Place the following code right before the very end of the ?> of admin/includes/functions/general.php

function tep_array_reverse($array) {
   if (function_exists('array_reverse')) {
     return array_reverse($array);
   } else {
     $reversed_array = array();
     for ($i=sizeof($array)-1; $i>=0; $i--) {
       $reversed_array[] = $array[$i];
     }
     return $reversed_array;
   }
 }

And now I can represent it in my site BUT now I have another issue:

When I press the preview button in the admin FAQ I don't see the text, question/answer ??

Any help please ????

Thanks!

Nathali

Any help please?

Best Regards,

Nathali

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Faq Desk without any problems. The only problem I have is that there is a gap between the page heading and the first question. Does anyone know how to fix this.

The table with the FAQ is inside a cell of another table, the one with the table for column_left and for column_right.

The table with column_left takes a lot of height.

The other tables in the cells of that row are less high.

You did not specify vertical alignment for the content of the table cells.

Therefor the tables with the FAQ and right column are centered vertically (default).

Eveline

Hi all,

I added my version of the add-on package FAQDesk at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1106.

full package

NL taal-bestanden

A fully revisited install instruction, with images!

Attention for PHP 4 to PHP 5 conversion

fixes from the forum implemented

more fixes

My first contribution.

What do you think?

Eveline

When I press the preview button in the admin FAQ I don't see the text in the text field of the question/answer ??

I tried everything without success.

Could someone solve this mysteryp please ????

Thanks!

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

When I press the preview button in the admin FAQ I don't see the text in the text field of the question/answer ??

Hi Nathali,

I think I solved that. Did you take a look at the modifications I posted? Please use a 'Compare'-tool (like 'BeyondCompare') and compare your version of /catalog/admin.faq.php with mine.

Success

Eveline

Hi Nathali,

I think I solved that. Did you take a look at the modifications I posted? Please use a 'Compare'-tool (like 'BeyondCompare') and compare your version of /catalog/admin.faq.php with mine.

Success

Eveline

Hi Eveline,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I also fixed some small issues thanks to your contribution modification, but still it didn't help me to solve this main problem.

Thanks again,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I finally got it working on my site. :thumbsup: It destroyed all the table alignment...ahh, what a headache >_<

Anyway, I am stuck on one problem yet. How do I change the font color of only the text on the FAQ page? I use a dark background and it's set to a a dark-blueish color since on all my other pages I have a white box as a background (thus its easily readable).

Can anyone tell me how I add a code to just change the font color on the FAQ page (and leave the rest) or well, add a white box in the background? :huh:

• 1 month later...

does anyone have any ideas hoe to elimate the extra white spcase before the questions and between each questions. I even have removed a few the

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '1')?></td>
but did not solve the issue. Evcen changed them '100%', '10' to '100%', '1'

you may check it out at brs-giftshopdotcom/faq.php

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I installed this contribution on my store and it was working just fine. After that I installed Page Editor v1.6. and even if I can see the FAQ Manager on the admin, it doesn't show on the information box. I checked all the edited files and everything looks ok, is it possible that these two contributions are not compatible?

Can somebody help me?

Thank you,

Maria

• 11 months later...

Hi,

Can this FAQDesk contribution put FAQ questions into different groups/sections?

What I mean by this; is I would like to split my FAQ questions into a "Shipping", "Returns", "Order Status", etc... groups/sections.

Thank you,

olimits7

• 1 year later...

Just installed FAQDesk - everything works fine - BUT........ I can't see any link to FAQ on my website - it appears in the admin section

Can anyone help me please

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Thaks for the addon, works great and it's fully adapted to my site. / I translate the full package to spanish.

Gracias por el complemento, trabaja excelente y se adaptó a mi sitio completamente / Realicé la traduccion completa al español.

briciojp

Guadalajara, Jalisco, México

Translate from English to Spanish and back / Traducciones del Inglés al Español y al revés.

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

I installed Faq Desk 2.2 without any problems. Would anyone happen to know how I could remove the "last updated" time/date stamp that shows up in the actual FAQ? I'm not quite sure what I should be commenting out in catalog/faq.php, if that's even the right file to edit?

ok i got it...just cut out line 76 in faq.php

I am having the same problem...

What was the actual line of code you commented out?  Line 76 on my catalog/faq is:  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by diannecl

• 2 months later...

Hi, into descriptions for install have one little fail. fax.php---faq.php version FAQDesk_v2.3.4 - BS 12/01/2016

catalog/includes/modules/boxes/templates/information.php
<li><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('fax.php'); ?>"><?php echo MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_FAQ; ?></a></li>

And i have this error:

Call to undefined function tep_get_languages() in /httpdocs/faq.php on line 17

Line 17

$fID = (!empty($_GET['fID']) ? (int)$_GET['fID'] : 0 );
  $action = (!empty($_GET['action']) ? $_GET['action'] : '' );
  $languages = tep_get_languages();

Regards

No external links here, thank you

funtion tep_get_languages() is defined on admin/includes/funcion/general.php

Hi, into descriptions for install have one little fail. fax.php---faq.php version FAQDesk_v2.3.4 - BS 12/01/2016

catalog/includes/modules/boxes/templates/information.php
<li><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('fax.php'); ?>"><?php echo MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_FAQ; ?></a></li>

And i have this error:

Call to undefined function tep_get_languages() in /httpdocs/faq.php on line 17

Line 17

$fID = (!empty($_GET['fID']) ? (int)$_GET['fID'] : 0 );
  $action = (!empty($_GET['action']) ? $_GET['action'] : '' );
  $languages = tep_get_languages();

Regards

No external links here, thank you