• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modules Won't Update

This is my second OSCommerce installation (I'm not a total newbie.) I recently installed the UPS XML shipping module and diligently followed the readme instructions. Now I'm finding that I cannot update any modules (payment and shipping), including the new UPS one. Clicking the "Install" button for a given module lets me then "Edit". Upon making some changes, I then click "Update". It takes me back to the page where you choose from the "Remove" or "Edit" buttons, but none of the changes were made.

I did try un-doing the changes I made to catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php, catalog/admin/modules.php (thought it might be a problem in the switch "save" code), and the configuration table, but it didn't help. I'm really frustrated!

Thanks in advance!

Donia

This is my second OSCommerce installation (I'm not a total newbie.) I recently installed the UPS XML shipping module and diligently followed the readme instructions. Now I'm finding that I cannot update any modules (payment and shipping), including the new UPS one. Clicking the "Install" button for a given module lets me then "Edit". Upon making some changes, I then click "Update". It takes me back to the page where you choose from the "Remove" or "Edit" buttons, but none of the changes were made.

I did try un-doing the changes I made to catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php, catalog/admin/modules.php (thought it might be a problem in the switch "save" code), and the configuration table, but it didn't help. I'm really frustrated!

Thanks in advance!

Donia

If this is a new installation of osC 060817, then you are experiencing the widely known "refresh bug" of the modules section which includes shipping, payment, etc.

There is a simple fix:

1. Open the catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

2. At the end of the “do_magic_quotes_gpc” routine, add the following code

reset($ar);

It will end up looking like this:

function do_magic_quotes_gpc(&$ar) {
if (!is_array($ar)) return false;
while (list($key, $value) = each($ar)) {
if (is_array($ar[$key])) {
do_magic_quotes_gpc($ar[$key]);
} else {
$ar[$key] = addslashes($value);
}
}
reset($ar);
}

3. Do the same for the compatibility.php file located in catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

View Post

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

If this is a new installation of osC 060817, then you are experiencing the widely known "refresh bug" of the modules section which includes shipping, payment, etc.

There is a simple fix:

reset($ar);

} else {
}
}
reset($ar);
}

3. Do the same for the compatibility.php file located in catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

View Post

Thanks so much! I searched the forums a long time before finally deciding to post. Sorry I wasn't one of the ones it was known to!

Donia

• 4 weeks later...

There is a simple fix:

reset($ar);

(Trunicated)

Thank You!!! - solved my problem.

There is a simple fix:

reset($ar);

} else {
}
}
reset($ar);
}

:thumbsup: FYI:

This fix has been included in the osCommerce Online Merchant Canadite 1 Release (July 3, 2007)

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

This didn't work for me. Everytime I click on install for my google checkout module it just refreshes the page. If i click on the googlecheckout test it will bring up the options and I can update them, but it wont show them as installed. I delete the file completely and FTP it again and it does the same thing and stores my info from the last time. Any ideas?

-Thanks

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

This didn't work for me. Everytime I click on install for my google checkout module it just refreshes the page. If i click on the googlecheckout test it will bring up the options and I can update them, but it wont show them as installed. I delete the file completely and FTP it again and it does the same thing and stores my info from the last time. Any ideas?

-Thanks

If you can update the stock modules, such as PayPal or the shipping modules, then this is not your issue. Your problem is specific to the Google Contribution that you are having issues with.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

• 6 months later...

Just a quick line to say THANKYOU as loud as I can.

I spent all last night tearing my hair out trying to solve this one and I'd call myself a moderately experienced oscommerce user, (9 sites), but couldnt find a solution.

A lucky search in google turned up this thread and this solution works perfectly.

bkellum - if it wasnt for people like you sharing your knowledge and experience, then people like me would be bald and lost!

Thanks again

Just a quick line to say THANKYOU as loud as I can.

I spent all last night tearing my hair out trying to solve this one and I'd call myself a moderately experienced oscommerce user, (9 sites), but couldnt find a solution.

A lucky search in google turned up this thread and this solution works perfectly.

bkellum - if it wasnt for people like you sharing your knowledge and experience, then people like me would be bald and lost!

Thanks again

Would you like to share the solution?