• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object

apophis

Hello.

First of all I very new to PHP and MySQL and all that stuff, but I need to set up internet shop, and with it I got some problems, most of em I solved with this site but now there is error on page:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/htdocs/catalog/includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php on line 24

I belive that I have installed or configured something wrong but I cant figure out where. I installed latest PHP and stuff, and this error goes away when I replace at application_top.php:

if ($cart) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

$broken_cart = $cart;

$cart = new shoppingCart;

$cart->unserialize($broken_cart);

}

} else {

tep_session_register('cart');

}

with:

if ($cart) {

$broken_cart = $cart;

$cart->unserialize($broken_cart);

} else {

tep_session_register('cart');

}

but then I got some other not errors but warnings, I belive that I have done something wrong with PHP installation or configuration.

futher more My Account and Checkout dont work at all. somebody please help or give me some tips where to look or what to do.

more information, Im using 2.2 with 2.1 I had more trouble gettin' it runnin' at all, I dont know anything about programmin' I can write universal program in basic (10 beep; 20 goto 10;) but that's all. please give me some help.

line 24 of /catalog/includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php contains:

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {

when trin' to do something I have similar errors diffrent files and different line nummers but always count_contents.

so what should I do ?

Archived