osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Photo Gallery

Trusten

right, made the contribution.

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,613/type,3

you guys can test drive it.

Here's the info;

This will allow all products to have a photo gallery. Where it once said 'click to enlarge', it will say 'click to view photo gallery'. The visitor will have the ability to surf through numerous pics that you provide.

The code is not as hard as it may seem.

Step one:

upload the photo_gallery.sql, that's provided, to your database

Step two:

create a folder called gallery: catalog/gallery

Step three:

create a folder depending on your product ID number. For example, product 42:

catalog/gallery/42/

Step four:

edit and upload the popup_image.php file that is within the zip, making sure to replace USERNAME, PASSWORD, DATABASE with the correct username, password, database. BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR OLD ONE.

Step five:

after backing up your product_info.php file, then edit the size of the javascript window. width=200,height=200 (something like that).

Step six:

in catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

FIND

define('TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE', 'Click to Enlarge');

CHANGE TO

define('TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE', 'Click to view photo gallery');

and that's all. Just make sure to create a folder for each product.

and remember, rename each pic in that folder, 1.jpg, 2.jpg up to 14.jpg (more if you need to)

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,613/type,3

Trusten

let me know how it goes!

if you need more than 14 products, you will have to go into the database and photo_gallery table and add it.

ALL folders must have pics named 1.jpg, etc. etc. etc. the only difference is that the folder they are in, must be the same as the product ID.

product 42, folder 42. etc. etc.

um, just read the insctructions.

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

I followed the instructions and when I tried to test it out I got this error. Now I'm kind of stuck. Any ideas?

Parse error: parse error in /home/ricoche/public_html/shop/popup_image.php on line 1

Thanks,

Ricoche

Ricoche Multimedia Design

http://ricoche.net

Nagano, Japan

I did a little research and found that the problem lies in the popup_image.php file. There must be something incompatible with my v2.2 oscommerce. The mysql variables are correct and I figured if they weren't it would kick back an error to that effect. Given that the error is in line 1, there must be a problem here with the file or my oscommerce.

Oh well, I'm going around and installing a few of these and I'm finding they are all kind of trial and error. I guess this mod just plain doesn't work with this oscommerce version.

Thanks anyway,

Ricoche

Nagano, Japan

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Right now I'm using Fantastico to install a v2.2 to my site. I'm not sure how to find out exactly what version I have installed however. I'm looking into this. :)

I'll have to get back to you soon about this. I also agree that modifying these files are pretty simple, so it must also be something simple tripping it up.

Keep you posted,

Jim

Nagano, Japan

Hi all,

trusten, how easy is it to adampt your photo gallery to a gallery on its own wright like this:

have a box on (right or left) named "Galleries" like this:

Each gallery will have a folder named after a category

category_A/images/thumbnail

category_B/images/thumbnail

The images will be placed in the folders automaticaly when uploading in the main images folder as per products..... and picked up only i.e. 6 at the time at rondom for the window gallery.

If the there is another way not to double the images it is even better.

Gallery Box

-------------

Category A

Category B

Category C

-------------

Clicking on the catory A, a window will open with the first in the middle and the other 5 +(1 the one shown) next to it very small (thumbnail). Click on the thumbnail and shows the images picked...

Underneath the big image there will be the name and link to the product...

I hope I made myself understood...

Salvo

Ps: I saw this kind of gallerie in one very popular and famous English site... if someone is interested to see I can PM the link..

i have NO idea what you just said or what you mean.

i have a new plan though, one that will use thumbnails. now when they click 'view gallery', it'll lead to a page simliar to 'product_info.php'. only thing is, below where ti should have the description, it'll have the photo. The buy now button will be there, and to the right, will be the picture, it'll also take off maybe the right column for more room. point is, you'll be able to surf through.

it's getting a script that'll find all images in a folder and paste it that is hard.

well that's the new plan

• 3 years later...

Hello. Does anyone know how to install a list of product_id's so that I know if i got every product for the gallery? I am brand new to this so im a little lost and searched but can't find it. for example, the photo gallery is all the directories according to product id number (which shows in browser). How do i get a listing of these somewhere in admin, like a report

• 16 years later...