• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GOOGLE CHECKOUT IPN

ski2bbad

Hello all.

I have just added a new release of the Google Checkout IPN v1.2.2 that addressed a few issues discussed on this forum. In the new release there is an EXTRA folder containing a small contribution that allows for better order tracking in your Admin. I have also created a Troubleshoot file to help fix issues that are only specific to certain users.

Modifications were made to ONLY two files: catalog/includes/modules/payment/google.php and catalog/includes/modules/payment/google/google_func.php. For more details, see the readme.txt and changelog.txt files.

regards,

ski

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The above code modification is incorrect (concerning the "admin/categories.php" file, and "7) Replace with:").

It should be:

</tr>
<!-- prevent GCIPN payment option -->
	  <tr bgcolor="#ebebff">
		<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_GOOGLE_PAYMENT_PRODUCT; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('products_google_payment_product', $google_payment_product_array, $pInfo->products_google_payment_product); ?></td>
	  </tr>
<!-- /prevent GCIPN payment option -->

Hey CT!

Thank you so much for sharing your code with us all. I'm sure the code will help a lot of merchants with similar needs. That took a lot of work in your part and we do appreciate your contribution.

Best regards,

ski

Does this work with MVS?

Hi central50.

The short answer is I don't know. So, unless you want to wait until someone who has used this contribution with MVS to answer your question, I'd go ahead and install the contribution and give it a go. GC IPN is very straight forward to install and get you running, so it is up to you. If you do try it and it works for you, please drop us a line to let us know.

Good luck!

ski

Mangotrees, please see modifications on previous post.

ski

still no joy. i downloaded the new update which contains the fix as described in your post but still does not work for me. you can try this out on my test site at www.simplythai.co.uk/eshop

please help

mangotrees

here is an update from Google to get rid of the stupid issue on International shipment and the ERROR that shows when a customer selects a country outside the US. The issue is that I have tried to change google.php to include the <world-area/> tag but I can not get it to work correctly. I get the cart correct, but Google still shows my store does not ship to other countries (which is BS)

Google Checkout world area support

GoogleCheckoutPro Google employee

View profile

(1 user) More options May 10, 5:28 pm

Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 22:28:08 -0000

Local: Thurs, May 10 2007 5:28 pm

Subject: International Availability for Buyers

Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author

Hi Everyone,

Since Google Checkout was recently made available to merchants in the

United Kingdom, we wanted to take the opportunity to let you know

about international availability to your buyers. Specifically, we've

noticed that both merchants and buyers believe orders can only be

shipped to buyers in the United States and the United Kingdom.

To clarify, Google Checkout supports international buyers with billing

addresses in over 150 countries! Orders may be shipped

internationally wherever Google Checkout is available. To see a list

of these locations, please visit:

http://checkout.google.com/support/bin/ans...py?answer=48115

Buyers with billing addresses in any of these countries can make

purchases with Google Checkout. One thing to note is the ability to

ship to these countries depend on the shipping options provided by the

individual merchant. If the buyer makes a purchase in a supported

billing location, orders may be shipped internationally as long as the

merchant offers the option. Keep in mind that as a merchant, if you

are integrated via the Google Checkout API, the ability to ship

internationally needs to be updated. You must specify in the shopping

cart that international shipping is offered by using the <world-area\>

tag. You can learn more about this tag in the XML API Developer's

Guide here:

http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/devel...#tag_world-area

Although this is the XML API Developer's Guide, if you're HTML API

enabled, you can easily convert an XML cart to an HTML cart. To learn

how, please click on the link below. It will redirect you to a post

in the Google Checkout Developer's Forum:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-chec...leshooting/br...

Also, please note that all orders are billed in US dollars if a buyer

places an order with a U.S. merchant and billed in Great Britain

pounds if a buyer places an order with a U.K. merchant.

Happy Shopping,

Google Checkout Team

Edited by ambishop

I tried modifying the google.php file and am still not getting the shipping for international customers to work. Here is what I was using

$data .= ' <shipping-methods>' . $eol;

$data .= ' <flat-rate-shipping name="' . htmlentities($order->info['shipping_method']) . '">' . $eol;

$data .= ' <price currency="' . $order->info['currency'] . '">' . number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'], 2, '.', '') . '</price>' . $eol;

$data .= ' <address-filters>' . $eol;

$data .= ' <allowed-areas>' . $eol;

$data .= ' <world-area/>' . $eol;

$data .= ' </allowed-areas>' . $eol;

$data .= ' </address-filters>' . $eol;

$data .= ' </flat-rate-shipping>' . $eol;

$data .= ' </shipping-methods>' . $eol;

based on this example

http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/devel...ml#xml_examples

here is an update from Google to get rid of the stupid issue on International shipment and the ERROR that shows when a customer selects a country outside the US. The issue is that I have tried to change google.php to include the <world-area/> tag but I can not get it to work correctly. I get the cart correct, but Google still shows my store does not ship to other countries (which is BS)

Google Checkout world area support

GoogleCheckoutPro Google employee

View profile

(1 user) More options May 10, 5:28 pm

Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 22:28:08 -0000

Local: Thurs, May 10 2007 5:28 pm

Subject: International Availability for Buyers

Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author

Hi Everyone,

Since Google Checkout was recently made available to merchants in the

United Kingdom, we wanted to take the opportunity to let you know

about international availability to your buyers. Specifically, we've

noticed that both merchants and buyers believe orders can only be

shipped to buyers in the United States and the United Kingdom.

To clarify, Google Checkout supports international buyers with billing

addresses in over 150 countries! Orders may be shipped

internationally wherever Google Checkout is available. To see a list

of these locations, please visit:

http://checkout.google.com/support/bin/ans...py?answer=48115

Buyers with billing addresses in any of these countries can make

purchases with Google Checkout. One thing to note is the ability to

ship to these countries depend on the shipping options provided by the

individual merchant. If the buyer makes a purchase in a supported

billing location, orders may be shipped internationally as long as the

merchant offers the option. Keep in mind that as a merchant, if you

are integrated via the Google Checkout API, the ability to ship

internationally needs to be updated. You must specify in the shopping

cart that international shipping is offered by using the <world-area\>

tag. You can learn more about this tag in the XML API Developer's

Guide here:

http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/devel...#tag_world-area

Although this is the XML API Developer's Guide, if you're HTML API

enabled, you can easily convert an XML cart to an HTML cart. To learn

how, please click on the link below. It will redirect you to a post

in the Google Checkout Developer's Forum:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-chec...leshooting/br...

Also, please note that all orders are billed in US dollars if a buyer

places an order with a U.S. merchant and billed in Great Britain

pounds if a buyer places an order with a U.K. merchant.

Happy Shopping,

Google Checkout Team

I tried modifying the google.php file and am still not getting the shipping for international customers to work.

Hi ambishop and all others trying to get the GC IPN to work outside of the US.

I am sorry that this contribution is not working as well as it should in international sites. As I have stated before on previous posts, I am not a coder/programmer but I will do my best to figure out a solution if I can. I will be working intermittently on it today and also over the weekend, hopefully I will find a solution and get it working. Please check back, as I will post my findings here.

Thank you for your patience.

ski

I tried modifying the google.php file and am still not getting the shipping for international customers to work.

Hello again.

I made a few changes and although it works on my site, I need someone in the UK to try it. Here is a possible fix:

go to catalog/includes/modules/payment/google.php

FIND:

$data .= '		<shipping-methods>' . $eol;
$data .= '			<flat-rate-shipping name="' . htmlentities($order->info['shipping_method']) . '">' . $eol;
$data .= '				<price currency="' . $order->info['currency'] . '">' . number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'], 2, '.', '') . '</price>' . $eol;
$data .= '			</flat-rate-shipping>' . $eol;
$data .= '		</shipping-methods>' . $eol;

REPLACE WITH:

$data .= '			<flat-rate-shipping name="' . htmlentities($order->info['shipping_method']) . '">' . $eol;
$data .= '				<price currency="' . $order->info['currency'] . '">' . number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'], 2, '.', '') . '</price>' . $eol;
$data .= '						<shipping-restrictions>' . $eol;
$data .= '							<allowed-areas>' . $eol;
$data .= '								<world-area/>' . $eol;
$data .= '							</allowed-areas>' . $eol;
$data .= '						</shipping-restrictions>' . $eol;

Please let me know if that works for you.

Good luck!

ski

Hello Ski!

Thank you so much for sharing your code with us all.

Welcome, and thank you for all that you do!

I am sorry that this contribution is not working as well as it should in international sites.

The contribution works quite a bit better already due to your involvement - again, thank you for all that you do!

Here is a possible fix:

go to catalog/includes/modules/payment/google.php

FIND:

REPLACE WITH:

$data .= '						<shipping-restrictions>' . $eol;
$data .= '							<allowed-areas>' . $eol;
$data .= '								<world-area/>' . $eol;
$data .= '							</allowed-areas>' . $eol;
$data .= '						</shipping-restrictions>' . $eol;

Just to let you know, this works well for me - again, again, thank you for all that you do!

Regards,

CT

still no joy. i downloaded the new update which contains the fix as described in your post but still does not work for me. you can try this out on my test site at www.simplythai.co.uk/eshop

please help

mangotrees

Hi mangotrees.

I will be trying to figure out what is wrong with your site, but I can't promise that I will be able to fix it though.

I have visited your site with an US address, which worked fine to get to GC, but once there I was not able to proceed any further as your store does not ship to my address. I will create an UK address and try it again over the weekend.

I did notice that at your site the values at the checkout were a bit strange, but since my address was in the US, that could account for the discrepancy: Here is what it showed:

Item price: UK$ 4.99

Shipping: UK$5.70

VAT: UK$1.59

Total: UK$10.69

Unless I am going crazy here . . . . . the Math just don't add up. The total does not add the VAT portion AND if the VAT is 17.50% that does not come out right either. Again, I will try it later with an UK address and see what happens. I will at least take a crack at it and see if I can get you going. :thumbsup:

Regards,

ski

Good point. I missed that line in my code

Note: If you are using flat-rate or pickup shipping methods, you can modify Examples 1 and 2 to work with your shipping methods by replacing the <address-filters> tags with <shipping-restrictions> tags.

I will try it out tonight

Edited by ambishop

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IT WORKS!

I knew I stayed up too late last night to figure this thing out. thanks Ski for your work on this contribution!!!! Plus thanks for finding my error.

I now can "ship to areas outside the US" at least according to Google Checkout.

I used my code of and changed the <address-filters> tag to the <shipping-restrictions> tag

$data .= ' <shipping-methods>' . $eol;

$data .= ' <flat-rate-shipping name="' . htmlentities($order->info['shipping_method']) . '">' . $eol;

$data .= ' <price currency="' . $order->info['currency'] . '">' . number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'], 2, '.', '') . '</price>' . $eol;

$data .= ' <shipping-restrictions>' . $eol;

$data .= ' <allowed-areas>' . $eol;

$data .= ' <world-area/>' . $eol;

$data .= ' </allowed-areas>' . $eol;

$data .= ' </shipping-restrictions>' . $eol;

$data .= ' </flat-rate-shipping>' . $eol;

$data .= ' </shipping-methods>' . $eol;

}

I am really excited about this.

If you want to see a working cart, check out

http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catalog/

Martin

Good point. I missed that line in my code

Note: If you are using flat-rate or pickup shipping methods, you can modify Examples 1 and 2 to work with your shipping methods by replacing the <address-filters> tags with <shipping-restrictions> tags.

I will try it out tonight

Can I list Google Acceptance Logos on my site if I use this contribution?

Hi blafrog.

Sorry, but I missed this post somehow. :blush:

This is an excellent question, but rather than give you an incorrect answer I'd recommend that you and everyone who downloaded and installed this contribuition to read Google's Policies and Guidelines to avoid any problems that may affect your ability to be able to offer Google Checkout as a payment option to customers.

A well informed merchant makes business sense, so grab yourself a drink and read on.

ski

Edited by ski2bbad

Hi Ski

I added the acceptance logo to my site alongside Paypal acceptance logo and could see no reason why not within their guidelines?

Only communication I have had from Google following their visit is to say that I cannot have a badge on my adwords because this IPN does not meet the guidelines about being next to checkout button.

If you visit the logo centre the only rules are that you must not alter the logo in anyway (including size).

Hello,

I'm wondering about other experiences around two things.

I cannot get the Google order number, via the call back in a testing environment. I get no errors as far as I can tell; I just don't get the Google order number updated to the data base in either the google_checkout_logs table or the orders table. So, I don't get status updates either.

I've tried the suggested (adding (int)), still nothing. I am hoping that this is maybe specific to my testing environment. However, I have the same situation with several different testing environments.

The second thing is: I just became aware that options/attributes are not being shown in the Google cart. They are being passed through to the order via google_checkout_process.php so it's not an imperative problem, but I'm thinking it's a little less than what a customer might expect to see.

If anyone has addressed this already, I'd be interested to know about it.

Regards,

CT

Hi mangotrees.

I will be trying to figure out what is wrong with your site, but I can't promise that I will be able to fix it though.

I have visited your site with an US address, which worked fine to get to GC, but once there I was not able to proceed any further as your store does not ship to my address. I will create an UK address and try it again over the weekend.

I did notice that at your site the values at the checkout were a bit strange, but since my address was in the US, that could account for the discrepancy: Here is what it showed:

Item price: UK$ 4.99

Shipping: UK$5.70

VAT: UK$1.59

Total: UK$10.69

Unless I am going crazy here . . . . . the Math just don't add up. The total does not add the VAT portion AND if the VAT is 17.50% that does not come out right either. Again, I will try it later with an UK address and see what happens. I will at least take a crack at it and see if I can get you going. :thumbsup:

Regards,

ski

hi ski,

thanks for your reply, i have also tried the code below as you suggested in a pos earlier:

$data .= '        <shipping-methods>' . $eol;
   $data .= '            <flat-rate-shipping name="' . htmlentities($order->info['shipping_method']) . '">' . $eol;
   $data .= '                <price currency="' . $order->info['currency'] . '">' . number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'], 2, '.', '') . '</price>' . $eol;
   $data .= '                        <shipping-restrictions>' . $eol;
   $data .= '                            <allowed-areas>' . $eol;
   $data .= '                                <world-area/>' . $eol;
   $data .= '                            </allowed-areas>' . $eol;
   $data .= '                        </shipping-restrictions>' . $eol;
   $data .= '            </flat-rate-shipping>' . $eol;
   $data .= '        </shipping-methods>' . $eol;

but still the tax doesn't work.

Regarding the tax rate showing on my site, i set it to show prices with tax included in Admin therefore you saw that funny numbers, anyway, i reset it back so it should show correct figure now. anyway, please help as i am desparate to get this working.

by the way, does CT's shop based in UK? if yes, do you mind sharing that code with me.

Thank you,

mangotrees

by the way, does CT's shop based in UK? if yes, do you mind sharing that code with me.

Hello,

I'm in the states, I was just stating that the code did work for me. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

CT

First post on this forum, but felt I had to put this...

I've installed this module on my site and it works great. I'm in the UK and for some reason it says there is no tax included in any sale price but that doesn't bother me as I issue a separate receipt for each sale anyway.

BUT THERE IS A SEVERE SECURITY LOOPHOLE IN THIS

You must must must put a .htaccess in your GCLOG directory or else anyone can read all your customer's info from the log.

E.g. ambishop's site a few posts back, I checked yours and can download the file and then read exactly who has bought what, their address and everything!

thanks for the headsup!!!

good thing that was mostly testing

First post on this forum, but felt I had to put this...

I've installed this module on my site and it works great. I'm in the UK and for some reason it says there is no tax included in any sale price but that doesn't bother me as I issue a separate receipt for each sale anyway.

BUT THERE IS A SEVERE SECURITY LOOPHOLE IN THIS

You must must must put a .htaccess in your GCLOG directory or else anyone can read all your customer's info from the log.

E.g. ambishop's site a few posts back, I checked yours and can download the file and then read exactly who has bought what, their address and everything!

Im getting a problem whereas im purchasing with a gift voucher but i have still selected Google IPN as payment. Upon clicking confirm it still takes you to google and errors instead on noticing there is nothing to pay and confirming it correctly.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Regards

Chris

Im getting a problem whereas im purchasing with a gift voucher but i have still selected Google IPN as payment. Upon clicking confirm it still takes you to google and errors instead on noticing there is nothing to pay and confirming it correctly.

Hello,

This contribution already supports The CCGV gift vouchers & Discount Coupons contribution. But you have to modify the google_checkout_process.php file to match the modifications made to your checkout_process.php file.

As is, I don't think it supports any other discount coupon contribution.

In my install, if using a Gift Certificate to pay for the entire order, you tick the "use available gift certificate amount" checkbox, and no matter if any other payment option is selected (including Google Checkout IPN), or if no payment option is selected - clicking through the rest of the checkout process brings you to checkout_success.php.

Regards,

CT

Also the tax isnt being carried onto google, show as 0.00. What am i missing here??

Hello Again,

I don't know if this is what you're experiencing, but if two addresses are involved (customers oscommerce address is different than his or her Google address), and if the address used in oscommerce, is not in a tax zone, no matter if the address used for Google is, it won't show as taxable because the original address is what is processed.

Maybe in time someone will come up with a way to prevent this from happening, or at least flag it in some manner.

Regards again,

CT