• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

recommended service providers for oscommerce (in the UK)

waximilien

having had serious issues with webfusion (pipex) and gotten absolutely no technical support whatsoever from them, i want to switch hosting to somewhere else. having looked into it somewhat i've noticed that various providers in the UK offer pre-installed oscommerce solutions

who would anyone recommend?

i didn't know she was involved with a company - that's fantastic, thank you!

I use www.servage.net it maybe an american based company but if u ever raise a ticket with them for support u usually get a reply within the 1 hour (norm 20 mins),

They also have the oscommerce site plus loads of other software available to download for free.

and best off its £4.50 a month

I use www.servage.net it maybe an american based company but if u ever raise a ticket with them for support u usually get a reply within the 1 hour (norm 20 mins),

They also have the oscommerce site plus loads of other software available to download for free.

I use DSVR. They are very expensive but they provide enterprise level hosting. I've found with webhosting you get what you pay for and for £5 a month all you are going to get is problems, problems and more problems.

There is no company in the UK that can afford to offer hosting this cheap without compromising performance or quality of service. Theese cheap hosting companies come and go, or more often than not, come offering fast performance and after 6 months of stuffing end up running like snails.

Beleive me I've been there and done it all before.

I'd be very carefull with switching hosts, you need to stay with a host for life, when you change hosts Google will penalise your website.

Never ever host a UK site on American servers, You will loose page rank in Google.

If your site is hosted poorly (downtime etc) you will be penalised by all major search engines

Also one other thing, when signing up look in the terms and conditions to see if the hosting company has a gauranteed Service Level Agreement (usually a percentage of 100%). If it doesn't you should look elsewhere.

Writing 99.8% server uptime in the sales blurb is not a legally binding agreement, it needs to be in the terms and conditions.

Hi Indulgence_soaps, I can try your webspace Link??

servage.net offer 3000 GB Transfer fro hosting??? or 3000 MB??

3000 gb as 100% Uptime guarantee?

Web features

- 310 GB Web Space (310000 MB) [?] - 3000 GB Transfer [?]

Never had a problem with servage,

it did go down once for 3-4 hours and they gave me 3 months free as a sorry, this wasnt after i complained or anything i was just sent an email stating this,

I dont know anything about google rank ref american hosting for a uk company so couldnt possibly comment,

I know i will continue to reccomend servage and continue to use servage.

Hi Indulgence_soaps, I can try your webspace Link??

servage.net offer 3000 GB Transfer fro hosting??? or 3000 MB??

3000 gb as 100% Uptime guarantee?

its all GB

its basically what it says on the tin,

3000GB Monthly transfer limit.

i run 3 sites on the one hosting account and i rarley go above 10% usuage of that allowance.

I dont know anything about google rank ref american hosting for a uk company so couldnt possibly comment,

They use geographical location when calculating SERPS. Most UK based users will be using google.co.uk and Google will see your site as an American site based in the US. This is very bad for a shopping site whoes customers are in the UK.

A good example of this is plentyoffish.com, its the worlds biggest free online dating site. Searching for Free Online Dating on google.com shows it on page 1, goto google.co.uk and its nowhere to be seen

They use geographical location when calculating SERPS. Most UK based users will be using google.co.uk and Google will see your site as an American site based in the US. This is very bad for a shopping site whoes customers are in the UK.

A good example of this is plentyoffish.com, its the worlds biggest free online dating site. Searching for Free Online Dating on google.com shows it on page 1, goto google.co.uk and its nowhere to be seen

came no1 in both .co.uk and .com for me

i used plenty of fish to search,

i just tried what u said for my site and even then used the option ( uk only) on the .co.uk site and still comes up so it seems to list my Us based uk shop on the uk site all ok,

servage isnt exactly a small company im sure they have thought all this out etc

Archived