• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP 5 support - does it work?

dagibbs

Hi.

I've just done an installation of oscommerce in an attempt to get a shop working for sons school.

Unfortunately, the box I have to work with is a new Linux distribution, and does NOT have PHP 4 - it only has PHP5.

PHP4 is not an option.

On installation, I get to the startup page and begin installation, only to get stuck at the first click

I leave the defaults for "Install the database and add the sample data" and "Sace configuration values" enabled - I.E. the boxes ticked - but when I click "Continue" I simply get the same page back, albeit with a slightly different URL.

The OSCommerce web page mentions that it runs on PHP4 - does running PHP5 break the OSCommerce installation? If so, is it fixable without trying to remove PHP5 and install PHP4 instead?

Thanks.

DaZZa

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3727

as you can see here, support is given already in new version. But you might check forum for some tricks if you have some problems..

OK - I should have been clearer - I've downloaded the current version from the OSCmmerce website - 2.2 Milestone 2, Update 060817 - as far as I know I've got the latest version.

I did check the tips and tricks section, and found a couple of changes to php.ini which have now enabled me to get a step further - but now I'm stuck with accessing the MYSQL server - the logon fails - I'm not sure if this is a MySQL configuration problem, or something further in OSC.

I'll try and find the other changes necessary, if there are any.

Thanks

Using phpMyAdmin or another tool, create your database and user, and assign that user

to the database. Write down the name of the database, username, and password for this

database for the database installation procedure.

OK - I should have been clearer - I've downloaded the current version from the OSCmmerce website - 2.2 Milestone 2, Update 060817 - as far as I know I've got the latest version.

I did check the tips and tricks section, and found a couple of changes to php.ini which have now enabled me to get a step further - but now I'm stuck with accessing the MYSQL server - the logon fails - I'm not sure if this is a MySQL configuration problem, or something further in OSC.

I'll try and find the other changes necessary, if there are any.

Thanks

Have you resovled the problem now? Thanks.

Using phpMyAdmin or another tool, create your database and user, and assign that user

to the database. Write down the name of the database, username, and password for this

database for the database installation procedure.

The page for configuring database related info just did not pop up, which seems the core issue here ... :(

Archived