• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving osCommerce From Catalog to root

ajayzone

Hi All,

I read through the previous forum posting and using them as reference i moved all my files from httpdocs/catalog to httpdocs/ also i have changed the configure.php file in admin both of them my admin panel works fine :thumbsup: . but when i go to the index and click on any of my categories the path searched for is root/catalog/category-name :'( when actualy it should look for root/category-name. I know i have missed something could any one help me out please.

Thanks

Ajay.

Never mind got it manual error let out one configure file actually every one said two files i found i changed three may be changed one wrong one will find that again.

Thanks. :D

Never mind got it manual error let out one configure file actually every one said two files i found i changed three may be changed one wrong one will find that again.

Thanks. :D

Hi Ajay,

I had few problems with this, what I have done is copied the content of the catalog sub-directory directly to the root file (public_html) and gone the the url (www.yourdomain.com/install) that has solved the transfer to root directory problem, It was ok for me, I don't know if any one has done the same, if you did not make modifications, this method could help.

Regards

Hi Ajay,

I had few problems with this, what I have done is copied the content of the catalog sub-directory directly to the root file (public_html) and gone the the url (www.yourdomain.com/install) that has solved the transfer to root directory problem, It was ok for me, I don't know if any one has done the same, if you did not make modifications, this method could help.

Regards

the main problem was i had done a lot of changes i even included STS which made it very hard actually every thing is dynamic in osCommerce but when when you use sts some links tend to depend on catalog folder these only i had to modify i just copied everything. its working fine till now.

Archived