• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO modules

JEYLA

Hey everyone...

I am looking into adding some new modules to the site, namely the ones regarding the SEO optimization. One that converts the URLs to search engine frinedly titles and the sitemap modules.

Anyone have any feedback on these. Our old site did not have enough content so was eventually phased out of adwords, which is our major advertising avenue. We have been ranked in google and slowly moving up to 2nd and 3rd pages. Just wanted to see if I should go ahead and add these modules or not mess with a good thing if I am already getting listed on google's regular search

The goal is to come up higher in google to offset some of the advertising costs or at least channel some elsewhere. Any suggestions and feedback would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hey everyone...

I am looking into adding some new modules to the site, namely the ones regarding the SEO optimization. One that converts the URLs to search engine frinedly titles and the sitemap modules.

Anyone have any feedback on these. Our old site did not have enough content so was eventually phased out of adwords, which is our major advertising avenue. We have been ranked in google and slowly moving up to 2nd and 3rd pages. Just wanted to see if I should go ahead and add these modules or not mess with a good thing if I am already getting listed on google's regular search

The goal is to come up higher in google to offset some of the advertising costs or at least channel some elsewhere. Any suggestions and feedback would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Go for it!!

But remember to backup before you alter anything! If it doesn't work out how you planned you can always revert back with your backups.

Go for it!!

But remember to backup before you alter anything! If it doesn't work out how you planned you can always revert back with your backups.

Actually..I will be having someone do it for me for a very nominal fee. I just want to know if it makes a difference at all. Does this mean I will have to wait till google crawls through the entire site again?

Adding Ultimate SEO alone won't do a lot of good, as far as SEO is concerened, but whatever changes you make won't take effect right away. They might be seen in a few weeks or a few months. It depends on how often your site is scanned and how well it is listed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Adding Ultimate SEO alone won't do a lot of good, as far as SEO is concerened, but whatever changes you make won't take effect right away. They might be seen in a few weeks or a few months. It depends on how often your site is scanned and how well it is listed.

Jack

When you say 'listed' what do you mean ?

When you say 'listed' what do you mean ?
I mean the position you are indexed at in the search engine listings. If you are at a number one position with lots of traffic and a high PR, changes to your site will be reflected in the listings within a week of making them. If you are at position 1,000 with no traffic at all to your site, it might be 2-3 months, maybe even six months for google.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Besides having the Ultimate SEO installed. What other SEO Modules are does any one recommend? thanks Karl
You need to have a meta tag contribution installed. I recommended Header Tags but others prefer others. The others won't optimize a site as much as Header Tags but they will all control the titles, which is important. You should also install the Dynamic Sitemap, Google sitemap, All Products with Images, possibly Links Manager and the Froogle (googlebase) Auto Feeder.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are already moving up onot page 2 and 3 of google then I would not touch anything in terms of URLs.

I guess the question is .. am I doomed to be on the 2nd through 5th pages or will I keep climbing up. The site has only been live for 7 months so far. If I can get on the first page in the long run I am all for it, dont care about how the urls look

Any feedback is really appreciated.. Thanks.

I guess the question is .. am I doomed to be on the 2nd through 5th pages or will I keep climbing up. The site has only been live for 7 months so far. If I can get on the first page in the long run I am all for it, dont care about how the urls look

Any feedback is really appreciated.. Thanks.

bump... I want to be sure that I am on the right track with this

Assuming you are using googles default 10 sites per page setting, then you are on the boundry of having something useful. generally speaking, anything past the second page isn't of much help. If you are at the end of page two or beyond, it is almost like not being listed. You will get hits from it but not nowhere near what you would get with a top 10 position. So you need to make the changes to get you to the top 10. Waiting for google to move you up is not likely to happen. They certaily won't move you to a top 10 if you are barely breaking into page two now.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived