• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift Shop

smallz1907

Hi there!

1). Grammar correction in welcome message area: Shop for your gifts now at Gift de Mazu. In fact, please look over the whole website - I have noticed a LOT of grammar errors, such as wrong verb tense, or word choice, or missing letters.

2). Lower right hand corner of footer - there seems to be an image, but it won't load.

3). I would look into a fixed width contribution

4). Click here for more details on the Mother's Day event doesn't go anywhere but the main page again.

5). First product I clicked on: http://giftdemazu.com/catalog/batik-shoe-p-206.html .... There's no product information. What's the material, what sizes do they come in, any color choices, etc.

6). Your About Us page goes to shipping.php which was meant for your shipping and returns policies. You need shipping and returns policies and terms of use and conditions page. Pretty standard stuff.

7). Your Contact Us page has no information. What is your company name, address, phone number, email addy. People want to know you are a real business.

You've got a great start to your store. But you are far from opening quite yet. Make sure all your products have FULL product descriptions and options sets.

Your shop needs a lot more work. The header section with the logo and mothers day image is too big compared to the font size you use for the rest of your shop. Either make the logo section smaller or (even better) increase the fonts to make them easier legible.

The colour scheme and your buttons don't really go together. The images on the product pages could be bigger. I can't come to your physical shop and touch and feel your products so you need to give me all the information online. Don't make me click on the image to see the item. Make it your central selling point and the description the additional information to convince me that this item is what I need right now.

Something that I really hate with online shops is, that I add an item to the cart from a listing or product page and then the shopping cart tells me it's out of stock and I could amend the quantity to whatever is in stock without telling me what is in stock. Do shop owners really think that after adding one of those out of stock items to the cart I'll go and search for something else? If I do and receive the same message will I go and get a third item? Definitely not. The solution is to either not show the products at all or to tell customers in the listings and product pages that this item is currently out of stuck but you expect it back in soon...

I am not too sure if displaying a paypal verfied loge really increases sales. I'm using paypal too but I try to emphasize that I take visa and debit cards with the help of paypal instead of making a point of how proud I am to offer paypal payments (only).

You should also invest in a SSL certificate to encrypt customers data and your admin panel. It's affordable and your host will help you with the installation.

On the index page, the new products box is wider than the "welcome to" box. All your boxes have a problem with corners not matching.

Overall, it looks very amateurish right now. You need to work on a consistent layout and colour scheme to create a relaxed shopping atmosphere for your customers.

One of the main questions you have to ask yourself is: Would I buy from my shop? Do I trust this shop to be a reliable business?

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Archived