• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

tell a friend

is there a good tell a friend contribution I can install on my osc site? I have tried a few, but none so far word. I don't get any icon or box appear in any column right or left with the tell a friend link on it.

is there a good tell a friend contribution I can install on my osc site? I have tried a few, but none so far word. I don't get any icon or box appear in any column right or left with the tell a friend link on it.

There already is a tell a friend function in osc. Customers browsing have the ability to tell friends about particular products.

There already is a tell a friend function in osc. Customers browsing have the ability to tell friends about particular products.

I have already activated this option in my administration panel admin>configuration>my store>allow guest to tell a friend = true

BUT nothing happens. There is no link to this anywhere on my site. I'm at my witts end. Can anyone please help me with this????

Tell a friend is an infobox in your right or left column in the default osc. Perhaps you are not using one of those or have it commented out.

How do I check? Where do I start looking if it is commented out? What am I looking for?

download (or find the original you installed from) the original osc and click through the folders and find the column_right.php. In there you'll see the tell a friend code.

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
 if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tell_a_friend.php');

download (or find the original you installed from) the original osc and click through the folders and find the column_right.php. In there you'll see the tell a friend code.

if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tell_a_friend.php');

Thanks, all sorted out now...

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem here, have you been able to find a solution to it? if yes what did you do?

There are my settings

In the column_left.php file the code is located

and the I have already activated this option in my administration panel admin>configuration>my store>allow guest to tell a friend = true

But there is no link to this anywhere on my site.

Please help me out here

Thank you

Archived