• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Amazon style shipping

oceanlink

Can anyone advise how I can set up a shipping table/zone, etc that will mimic Amazon style of shipping.

I need to ship items to certain zones/regions - eg USA, UK, India, Rest of Europe, rest of World.

Some products are only available for delivery in those regions.

For each region/zone there may be different changes - like Amazon (CD/DVD charge $x, books charge $y, etc)

Also Amazon have a basic charge for delivery then you add another charge dependent on that item to it.

Can anyone advise suggest a way of doing this - I am pulling my hair out on this and it has stopped the development of the database completely until I can work out the structure.

Any help wouldd be very much appreciated

Thanks

Can anyone advise how I can set up a shipping table/zone, etc that will mimic Amazon style of shipping.

I need to ship items to certain zones/regions - eg USA, UK, India, Rest of Europe, rest of World.

Some products are only available for delivery in those regions.

For each region/zone there may be different changes - like Amazon (CD/DVD charge $x, books charge $y, etc)

Also Amazon have a basic charge for delivery then you add another charge dependent on that item to it.

Can anyone advise suggest a way of doing this - I am pulling my hair out on this and it has stopped the development of the database completely until I can work out the structure.

Any help wouldd be very much appreciated

Thanks

Have you thought about using shipping calculators? I know this oscommerce store has one:

http://www.diggerschoice-seafood.com

Archived