• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stock Status

nevmic

I have my osc setup in a way so that when a product is out of stock the product is immediately set as inactive. This is very important since I do not want to sell something which I do not have in stock.

My problem is that when I change the stock level, the product remains as inactive. Is there a way to fix this please? Ideally when I have a stock, the item returns back to active.

Thanks

It is active once you add products quantity to the categories and products module in admin.

This is something you have to do as your catalog has no idea how much stock you bought! Once you have a prooduct level you then have an active product.

If you have sold out of a product that you expect to add back into inventory you may want to use this contrib that displays a sold out button so no one can buy it while you are out of inventory.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4884

Thank you for your answer.

What I find strange is that when the customer buys the last product, stock level turns to 0 and therefore the product is inactive.

Now when I go in the admin and change the product stock level from 0 to 10, the product remains inactive and I have to manually activate it. This is relatively a long process when you have several products with the same problem every day.

Is there a way to make the product turn back to active if stock level > 0

Not strange at all.

When you sell out the statis is out of stock.

When you order your stock and then add how many of that item you have in inventory you change the status to active and add how many you have to sell. If you are expecting to add to that product next week then you set the date expected and it will be active on that date if you set active future date.

Part of being a store owner, don't you think.

oscommerce can't guess your intentions.

Now if you would like your product to show in your catalog when sold out then install the sold out image. In either case you have admin duties conserning stock level.

I did have this problem before.

Add you stock level to the product and click save or update (whatever it says)

Then in admin, when viewing the list of products in the relevant category looks for the product concerned. There should be a red and green light thing. If red is highlighted which it probably is then just click the green and all should be ok.

I did have this problem before.

Add you stock level to the product and click save or update (whatever it says)

Then in admin, when viewing the list of products in the relevant category looks for the product concerned. There should be a red and green light thing. If red is highlighted which it probably is then just click the green and all should be ok.

This is exactly what I am doing now and I find it is a useless click considering now the item is stocked. So there is no way around this extra click per product after stock is updated?

NOTE: I do not edit the product to change the status. I have a contribution with allows me to stock attributes as well.

There are several uses for that EXTRA click. You may want to add a new product line but don't want that new line to go live until you have all of them ready. Once they are ready you set them active.

You may then decide you have made a mistake within that new listing and need to take 25 products off line while you make some adjustments. You then only have to set the red\green lights to red. Make your changes and then set active.

I don't understand what the issue is about adding an item, setting it active or inactive, choosing the date added to the catalog and then adding how many you have in inventory.

When out of inventory it automaticly sets to inactive. You buy stock set to active, choose the date, and add the product amount.

Simple steps really if you think about it.

This is exactly what I am doing now and I find it is a useless click considering now the item is stocked. So there is no way around this extra click per product after stock is updated?

NOTE: I do not edit the product to change the status. I have a contribution with allows me to stock attributes as well.

Archived