• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stage 2 of Installation - mysql database not locating

denzel2364

hi there,

ive tried to do a separate installation of oscommerce so i can upload a test template that i have downloaded. However, i have uploaded the template and it comes up with the installation window. i get to stage 2 where you have to input your mysql details. So what i have done is inputted my current shop that is up and running into the various boxes. However, it is telling me that there is an error connecting to the database and cant continue the installation. Even if i create a new database and link a new user; still the same issue!

this is the error message:

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Lost connection to MySQL server during query

any ideas people?

hi there,

ive tried to do a separate installation of oscommerce so i can upload a test template that i have downloaded. However, i have uploaded the template and it comes up with the installation window. i get to stage 2 where you have to input your mysql details. So what i have done is inputted my current shop that is up and running into the various boxes. However, it is telling me that there is an error connecting to the database and cant continue the installation. Even if i create a new database and link a new user; still the same issue!

any ideas people?

Is there a way of uploading templates, onto an installed oscommerce via my hosts admin panel without installing again. e.g. load a default and do a straight swap of the files?

Archived