• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing Welcome

justedee

Ok, this one is over my head - way over my head, but I think if I get a little guidance I’ll be able to guess my way through it.

My problem, I want to remove this “What's New Here” “Welcome Guest - Log in/Create and account” crap from the page and add about 20 buttons.

I have the buttons – they are very cute. What I don’t have is away to remove the crap. This is one of those times where HTML would have worked just as well.

I like the OSC set up and it works for what I want to do. I just need to put buttons where the what's new/welcome/create an account stuff is.

crap.GIF

(And those stupid clip art icons - they have to go. That is so early 90's.)

I need details. Little bitty details. I’m looking in includes/english/index.php. I can see where “What’s New” area is. I can’t figure out how to get rid of it and put in 20 or so cute little buttons.

Thank you,

~eDee

Ya, I'm a chick and I program! What of it?

All editable text is in your language files.

Check, got that.

Which line in which file?

Is that asking a lot?

I mean is it like 10 files and about 30 lines each?

Or is it something that can be // commented out in english/index.php and then just enter the buttons as HTML?

I'm hoping someone tells me it's the easy one on the bottom. :blink:

~eDee

Wrong file, it is in default or index, depending on the cart yr you have.

languges/english/default or index

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

I believe you can comment it out, and the site cart you can turn that of in the admin.

The new cart is set up to use the header tags controller to change the whats new statement

for better header tags for the search engines, Ralph

Wrong file, it is in default or index, depending on the cart yr you have.

languges/english/default or index

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

I believe you can comment it out, and the site cart you can turn that of in the admin.

The new cart is set up to use the header tags controller to change the whats new statement

for better header tags for the search engines, Ralph

Ok, I understand most of that.

But the "NEW CART"??

What new cart?

Thank you,

~eDee

To comment out the icons: catalog/includes/header.php

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php // echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image

That will take out the the 3 at the top. If you want to change the one below to your own, you can, in catalog/images they are the ones that start with table_background

To comment out the icons: catalog/includes/header.php

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php // echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image

That will take out the the 3 at the top. If you want to change the one below to your own, you can, in catalog/images they are the ones that start with table_background

I get it.

I tried to // out the entire line and got an error.

Thank you so much.

~eDee

Archived