• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Webpage Loading Slow, Fetchtime 3.5 sec.

buynotebookscheap

I ran a couple of test and both suggest optimize your database queries to make the site load faster. ,How is this performed are there settings?

A. Please revise your application structure s this needed?

B. mysql server is a brand new one and completely unloaded, so the problem is not there.

C. optimize your database queries to make the site load faster. How?

D. website - www.datpcstore.com

Test results.

1. Examination Suggestions/Comments

Your server response is 200 (OK) Excellent

Your server fetchtime for this page is 3.5 sec. Too much time is being taken to load your page.

Your page content-type is text/html Your content type is correct.

RESULTS: Poor. There maybe a problem with your server's settings.

2. Your site is loading in 2-4 sec that is fully acceptable for the database driven site:

$ time curl -I datpcstore.com

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:57:46 GMT

Server: Apache

X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.11

Set-Cookie: osCsid=08ddc6e1f5f5400d1cff0d347f2553e2; path=/; domain=datpcstore.com

Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0

Pragma: no-cache

Content-Type: text/html

real 0m3.986s

user 0m0.010s

sys 0m0.004s

Buy Notebooks Cheap

I ran a couple of test and both suggest optimize your database queries to make the site load faster. ,How is this performed are there settings?

Not that I know of but you could read a good thread on the topic (A Store Speed Optimization in Progress, Step by step from a vanilla install!, Tips and Tricks).

1. Examination Suggestions/Comments

Your server response is 200 (OK) Excellent

Your server fetchtime for this page is 3.5 sec. Too much time is being taken to load your page.

Your page content-type is text/html Your content type is correct.

RESULTS: Poor. There maybe a problem with your server's settings.

2. Your site is loading in 2-4 sec that is fully acceptable for the database driven site:

$ time curl -I datpcstore.com

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:57:46 GMT

Server: Apache

X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.11

Set-Cookie: osCsid=08ddc6e1f5f5400d1cff0d347f2553e2; path=/; domain=datpcstore.com

Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0

Pragma: no-cache

Content-Type: text/html

try some of the cache contributions

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5029

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2873

access time are dramatically reduced.

You could also load up just 6 products on the homepage instead of 16, and remove that awful tiled background. Sorry, but it's really bad! Then again, it's not as annoying as the Ad Box which follows you aound the screen.

Vger

You could also load up just 6 products on the homepage instead of 16, and remove that awful tiled background. Sorry, but it's really bad! Then again, it's not as annoying as the Ad Box which follows you aound the screen.

Vger

which site I am speaking about www.datpcstore.com

Buy Notebooks Cheap

try some of the cache contributions

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5029

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2873

access time are dramatically reduced.

Can both be installed?

Which one would effect the whole website access time are dramatically reduced. What do think about server optimization or will one of the contribution work fine.

Buy Notebooks Cheap

Can both be installed?

Which one would effect the whole website access time are dramatically reduced. What do think about server optimization or will one of the contribution work fine.

Both can help to accelerate load times and can be used at the same time. The first caches the html mainly at the clients end, the 2nd caches sql when properly used at the server's end. The 2nd requires lots of mods to your store in order to be effective. However looking your site you don't need to install the one about the sql because you already have it as part of the Ultimate SEO URLs. However you do need to utilize it. So read the documentation and see how it caches the sql queries.

I am using both with my store, they provide several cache levels. On cache hits the response is instantaneous (assuming the server is alive of course).

Also the Cache HTML includes a thumbnailer with cache that works with IE for images. The current one you have doesn't.

It didn't seem too bad to me. Turning off the category counts would liven it up a bit.

which setting in the admin?

Admin>Configuration find Show Category Counts and set it to false.

If you want to remove the -> when there are sub-categories, open (catalog)/includes/boxes/categories.php and find this:

if (tep_has_category_subcategories($counter)) {
  $categories_string .= '->';
}

Comment it out like this:

/*
if (tep_has_category_subcategories($counter)) {
  $categories_string .= '->';
}
*/

• 1 month later...

homepage loading slow again, is this a database issue or configuration on the cache contributions? www.datpcstore.com

• 3 years later...

Archived