• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I install a contribution?

smileybug

i am in need a contribution that lets me have multiple images on one page. so i found this contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,extra+images

which file do i download? All 21? and once i download it, how do i install it? i was able to install oscommerce successfully (I am new to this, and i don't have any php inexperience), however, i just don't want to mess this up!

please advise, and thanks in advance.

A step - by -step explaination would be greatly appreciated.

i am in need a contribution that lets me have multiple images on one page. so i found this contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,extra+images

which file do i download? All 21? and once i download it, how do i install it? i was able to install oscommerce successfully (I am new to this, and i don't have any php inexperience), however, i just don't want to mess this up!

please advise, and thanks in advance.

A step - by -step explaination would be greatly appreciated.

i have only use a few, and i have looked at alot, and from what i can tell, you just drop into the appropriate directorys and select them to overwrite the old files. I am not sure which file you are talking about, but the link above is only one package, it just has the older versions posted as well. Grab the latest one ( hit the downlaod icon on the right side ) of version 1.6.1

i downloaded that package and found a directory FILES_TO_COPY . take the admin and catalog folders and drop them in your oscommerce folder, allowing overwrite old files. Make a backup of your system first so you can go back quickly and easily.

hope this helps

No, don't do that. You can only upload files in certain situations. If you upload in the wrong cases, you may damage your shop. To uoload a contribution, read the instructions carefully. Also be sure to grab the correct package. Not all of the ones listed will be full packages (due ot lazy people). You need to find one that is full and that works (which they all don't). Ask in the support thread for that contribution if you are not sure. Installing a contribution is not difficult, in most cases, but it has to be done correctly or you will have problems.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

No, don't do that. You can only upload files in certain situations. If you upload in the wrong cases, you may damage your shop. To uoload a contribution, read the instructions carefully. Also be sure to grab the correct package. Not all of the ones listed will be full packages (due ot lazy people). You need to find one that is full and that works (which they all don't). Ask in the support thread for that contribution if you are not sure. Installing a contribution is not difficult, in most cases, but it has to be done correctly or you will have problems.

Jack

oh yeah, read the instructions. That would be the first place to start :-)

thnx jack

hey, since you ( jack ) have obvioulsy been using this prog for a long time, can i ask you how you can change the New Products to show a specific category instead of new products added?

The new products module is only for showing new products so you can't do that. The Featured Sets contribution will allow you to show specific categories or products so that is probably what you need.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived