• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bulk e-Mail - did it work??

bettyj

Hi -

Probably a stupid question, but ....

Is there any way of telling whether e-mails sent via the 'send e-mail' function in tools has actually worked?

I sent a mailer to all my customers (600+) including one to myself and so far nothing has been recieved (an hour later!). Before I sent the masss mailer I sent a test run to myself and this worked fine (within 5 minutes). On the bulk mail send I got the green 'success' banner, but how can I tell if they actally went if I have not actually received one yet??

I don't want to re-send (I hate those companies that send several at once), but I do want my customers to get one!

Any way of checking they went and are just taking their time whizzing arount the net?

:blink:

No, there is no way to check (without changing the code, of course). All shared servers (assuming you are on one) have a email per hour limit. So it might have failed for that reason. There is also a limit on how long a script can run and it might have failed due to that. There is an email queue contribution that will allow you to send out emails on a timed basis. You might want to look into that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

No, there is no way to check (without changing the code, of course). All shared servers (assuming you are on one) have a email per hour limit. So it might have failed for that reason. There is also a limit on how long a script can run and it might have failed due to that. There is an email queue contribution that will allow you to send out emails on a timed basis. You might want to look into that.

Jack

Why do you want to send bulk emails? Have your customers agreed to receive these emails?

Archived