• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customizing my product listing

Kennith

I’ve searched high and low for documentation on how to customize the layout of my productlisting. But just can’t seem to find exactly what I’m looking for. I’ve located some of the things in the product_listing.php but can’t seem to find the file that actually generates the table it self. what I want is a productlisting that looks something like the picture

listing2.jpg

So I guess I would need to wrap it to some HTML like:

<tr>

<td rowspan=”3”>My picture</td>

<td>Productname</td>

<td>Price</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Short description</td>

<td> </td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Enlarge picture</td>

<td>Buy now</td>

</tr>

But as mentioned I just can't find anywhere to do so. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thx in advance

Kennith

You would need to change the code around in the product_info.php file.

I was afraid that would be the answer :'( I have to admit that PHP isn’t my strong side and that makes it kind of hard since the file doesn’t really have any HTML tags usually I can “spell” my way through the PHP by navigating for the HTML but I just can’t seem to find what’s up and down. But now I know that this is the file so I’ll just have to give it a try.

Would it be correct assume that I define 3 “major” columns in the admin section for example product image, product name and price and then have to put what ever HTML necessary within the $lc_text = parts of those columns?

Could someone point me in the direction of documentation regarding this?

Archived