• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How To Change Heading Title On Category Page

Hi, I want to change the "Let's see what we have here" title on the catagory page but I don't just want to edit the language file and have an alternative fixed title.

What I want to do is when a category is clicked I want the title to show the category the customer is viewing. I want to change the fixed title to showing the category name. I have done it before a long time ago but for the life of me I can't remember how.

Thanks Guys & Gals

use this code

if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
	$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

echo $category['categories_name'];

}

KUBICO from Portugal

use this code

if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
	$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

echo $category['categories_name'];

}

Thanks a bundle for the reply. I completely forgot to mention that I am using the graphical borders contrib which adds a graphical header bar of the main page area and I tried your fix which works outside of this header but I don't seem to be able to intergrate it into the header bar.

http://www.coolnquiet.co.uk/index.php

Thanks Again and more if you can solve this for me.

Archived