• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with new install

remimgton

Hi

Need help with error message on loading program see below:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_8ac4839a5f06aebb1b6e7ac02c571a92, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/os/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /opt/lampp/htdocs/os/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/os/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /opt/lampp/htdocs/os/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/os/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67 Warning: Installation directory exists at: /opt/lampp/htdocs/os/catalog/install. Please remove this directory for security reasons.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /opt/lampp/htdocs/os/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Warning: I am not able to write to the sessions directory: /tmp. Sessions will not work until the right user permissions are set.

How do you get rid of these errors. I am running XLAMPP with Puppy Linux. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

If you have been editing, you may have white spaces in the code...

also ask you host to set the corrct permisson for you site to solve the other problem...

If you have been editing, you may have white spaces in the code...

also ask you host to set the corrct permisson for you site to solve the other problem...

Hi Thanks

I am hosting it locally for testing before uploading onto a server.

Cheers

open(/tmp/sess_8ac4839a5f06aebb1b6e7ac02c571a92, O_RDWR) failed:

Will fail as there is no /tmp directory on a PC/

You need to reset your session directory to (if winDoze) C:\WINDOWS\Temp

open(/tmp/sess_8ac4839a5f06aebb1b6e7ac02c571a92, O_RDWR) failed:

Will fail as there is no /tmp directory on a PC/

You need to reset your session directory to (if winDoze) C:\WINDOWS\Temp

Hi

How do you set this up. Which files to edit, using Puppy Linux.

Thanks

Put it in osCommerce admin

administration>sessions

session dir

Archived