• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing index title code

Hi All

Unfortunatley my limited coding skills are letting me down. I have added a load of static content to the index page but I can't find where to remove the following text:

What's New Here?

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

I want to remove the whole code so my static HTML starts right at the top of the page instead of a few centimetres down.

Can anyone point me to the right file and guide me as to what I should remove?

Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

Hi All

Unfortunatley my limited coding skills are letting me down. I have added a load of static content to the index page but I can't find where to remove the following text:

What's New Here?

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

I want to remove the whole code so my static HTML starts right at the top of the page instead of a few centimetres down.

Can anyone point me to the right file and guide me as to what I should remove?

Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

Go to the search function and enter 'Welcome Guest' and see what happens...

Sorry, I read the post wrong, not enough coffee yet. I removed the text, as you can see here: www.licenseplatesgalore.com

But to move it to the top i beleive you have to remove the image to the right, and i have, for the life, cannot figure out how to do that. Sorry

As for where the greeting is in, it is the following file: includes/languages/english.php and it is called: define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', ' <center><i><font color=#151B54><font size=5><b>Welcome to License Plates Galore</font></font></b></i></center>');

Of course look for the greeting text not mine

Scott

Thanks smbrayton

It was the image I had to remove.

For anyone else that may need to do this I did a search for 'table_background_default.gif' and found it in the catalog/index.php file around line 288.

Just removed the following:

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

Bingo! All my content is sitting nicely at the top of the page.

Archived