• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Very basic setup/first steps documentation

Losle

I've been trying to figure out what to do to get osCommerce installed for a very simple site (offers services not products, only ever buy one thing at a time) which needs online payment facilities. The site is already done and it just needs the ecommerce bit adding on.

However, I haven't been able to get good answers or a clear understanding of how I should go about this. As an alternative I looked at Zen Cart and have been impressed by their forums for items such as:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/faq.php?faq=template_customize

Clear, concise and very helpful - and that's just one of many. I haven't seen anything like this for osC? Am I just missing it?

I also had an error while setting-up Tax Zones this evening. Delete all tax zones and the SQL qery becomes ".... LIMIT -20, 20" which MySQL don't like. One solution is to insert max( $offset, 0 ); after line 37 in split_page_results.php

If someone can help me with specific info (on how to display a page to gather the usual personal info for credit card payment and a success/fail page), I'll be happy sticking with osC, otherwise I'll have to defect to something else (and I'll probably get flamed for writing this ;) )

Thanks for any help anyone can give

Los

Archived