• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tried to fix an error message...

HeyItsCory

I was getting the error message "Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created." in a yellow bar on the top of my admin panel, but it didn't seem to be doing any harm. I'm not the type who is content to ignore rogue error messages that constantly come up, even if they are not affecting me. If there's a DLL issue or a deleted path that windows is trying to load still, you'll find me tweaking my registry with staccato fingers.

Sooooo....

The first thing I did was try to create a directory on the server called "tmp" but it was already there.

There is a place to change the folder in the admin panel (Configurations>Sessions>Session Directory) so knowing how picky these applications can be with case sensativity, I made that say TMP in capitals, and changed the folder on the server to match.

Now I can't seem to log into my admin panel. After I did that, it sent me to the panel's login screen, and whenever I type in a username and password and hit confirm, it just loads back to the login page.

So, how do I change what I changed in Configurations>Sessions back, without the use of the web panel?

Now I'm starting to understand the joke signs at auto mechanics' shops.

Hourly rates:

$60 for general labor

$90 if you want to watch

$120 if you want to help

$150 if you tried to work on it yourself first

You are better off using the database for sessions. In your configure files, change this

define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');

to this

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

That will prevent problems later on with sharing session ID's.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You are better off using the database for sessions. In your configure files, change this
define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');

to this

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

That will prevent problems later on with sharing session ID's.

Jack

Hot dang! That got me back into the admin panel! Thank you!

Archived