• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Secure Login Software

Nothing to do with osC but something I have been queried about.

We are looking to perhaps add an area to our workplace website where developers can login to view documents. As these docs will be specific to certain developers and also confidential we will need this to be secure and only viewable to those who have valid passwords.

Is there any software out there that allows for a simple login system that can be easily integrated as a login form on the website and allows for easy password management... but it has to be SECURE?

I envisage it working like this:

Developer A goes to main website... logs in via form...has access to view all docs in Developer A folder only.

Developer B goes to main website... logs in via form...has access to view all docs in Developer B folder only.

I thought about just password protecting that particular folder and having the Developer login via the secure connection pop up box, but they do not want it to work that way.

If anyone has had any experience with something like this then your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Nothing to do with osC but something I have been queried about.

We are looking to perhaps add an area to our workplace website where developers can login to view documents. As these docs will be specific to certain developers and also confidential we will need this to be secure and only viewable to those who have valid passwords.

Is there any software out there that allows for a simple login system that can be easily integrated as a login form on the website and allows for easy password management... but it has to be SECURE?

I envisage it working like this:

Developer A goes to main website... logs in via form...has access to view all docs in Developer A folder only.

Developer B goes to main website... logs in via form...has access to view all docs in Developer B folder only.

I thought about just password protecting that particular folder and having the Developer login via the secure connection pop up box, but they do not want it to work that way.

If anyone has had any experience with something like this then your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

This can be done with osCommerce. You can associate each account with a number of files. The filenames are stored in the database as well as an association between customers and filenames. Then you list these files according to the user who's logged-in.

Archived