• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Get started with STS

bedfordch

Hi all,

I've just installed (first time) the french version of oscommerce (oscommerce-2.2ms2-FR-060817-2010), added the STS template system (STS v4.5.2) and I hope everything is working fine. In fact I've installed the STS module and changed the "template forder" to full and the only change I see is that there is a text that appear to the template:

This is the template for index.php page. You can find it here: /includes/sts_templates/full/index.php.html

Now In order to test new templates, I've tried to find some free and downloaded some contributions: I've tried the ststemplatehosting and sts-templatechristmas-theme (both in contribution list). This seems stranges to me that I've to change some files in the OsCommerce directory instead of sts_templates dir: in my mind, installing a template means to create ALL files in a separate directory then set the new foldername in the admin sts config.

If it's the case (all files in one temlate), I'd like to have a simple template to test for: not a very detailed one, just to see if my system works as I don't know if my installation works (first time I install oscommerce)

Also if there is a place to get some free templates for starting from.

Thank you !