• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Synchronizing user registration between 3 databases, osCommerce -> SMF -> Joomla

autopsy

Hello.

I have a website which uses all 3 OSS PHP/MySQL services:

1) osCommerce software

2) SMF forum software

3) Joomla CMS software

What I am trying to do is synchronize user registrations between them.

When a user registers at the osCommerce website, they are also registered at the

SMF forum section and Joomla CMS system.

Right now I have modified catalog/create_account.php and catalog/includes/functions/database.php

When I go to add a test user in the osCommerce registration area, the user is created properly

in the osCommerce database, but I get an error also which says:

table '$database.$table' doesn't exist, with the insert and data parameters being correct.

$database is the osCommerce database, $table is the table in the SMF forum software database.

So what is happenning is somehow, my additional functions tep_db_connect1() and tep_db_perform1()

are using the osCommerce $server and $database, but is using the right $table. Where is this $server and $database

being inherited, and how can I change it?

I did specify the right parameters in the tep_db_connect1() function with the server, database, username and password which is valid.

Does anyone have any prior experience doing this, if not can yyou determine why the tep_db_connect1() function's $server and $database

are not being used in tep_db_perform1() which is supposed to insert user registration data into the SMF forum software database?

Archived