• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Want to have it like this not like that

MR1

Hi to all osCommerce members who are reading this, i really need you help on this, i dont exactly know what it is called but i can show it in a screen shot. If some one does decide to help me, can you kindly tell me what this is called

Thank you

1- Mine looks like this:-

minexe8.gif

And also someone tell me how to remove New Products for April

2. His looks like this:-

hismu5.gif

If anyone doesnt understand please let me know, and i will try to provide more information, and thanks for replying

Have a good day

MR1

The easiest way to do these things would be using an html module such as STS to help you. It's easier to deal with than the php code.

With STS you can add and remove the boxes that you want or need through a WYSIWYG editor like dreamweaver to make things easier to grasp a concept of what the site looks like before. Other than that, you're dealing with the php code to edit pages. The OSCommerce manual has alot of information as far as new to the idea people for them to learn some of the basic functions and some basic editing of the page to at least begin your customizing.

There might also be a few contributions that also add the functionality of a front product page like what you have showing. So give a look in the contributions section of the oscommerce site as well.

Try this link http://www.oscommerce.info/

You maybe able to edit new products out by going to english/index.php and slashing new products

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

to

//define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

Ralph

Thanks for replying and giving me some advice, will look into it.

i thought it was a contribution at first but i cant seem to find any thing, does anyone know what exactly this is called, might help to find correct stuff

Other thing was i have seen it on a website, i am sure he isnt using STS but say if i wanted to change the code, could someone help me with that?

Thank you for your time

Have a good day

Thanks for helping out,

I want it to be like his, only showing four products but also the way the lay out will be of the products rather than mine which is making the site look abit crap.

Thank you again

Hi,

He is using a few contributions, one is called graphical boarders, and the middle boxes is called feature products, you can see the finished product here: www.;icenseplatesgalore.com

When i installed them i had to install a few contbutions, one at a time.

Scott

Archived