• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal Error wrecked my index.php file

Hi,

Whilst trying to edit my index.php file to remove the excess text I did something wrong and created a parse error. In my efforts to fix it (I tried to cut and paste the index.php text back in) I had a fatal error and now my shop page is totally blank. Can anyone please assist by telling me how to restore the original index file?

many thanks

Hi,

Whilst trying to edit my index.php file to remove the excess text I did something wrong and created a parse error. In my efforts to fix it (I tried to cut and paste the index.php text back in) I had a fatal error and now my shop page is totally blank. Can anyone please assist by telling me how to restore the original index file?

many thanks

The error I get is

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_image() in /var/virtual/web/w0053/html/shop/index.php on line 13

The line of code is

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif')

I can't see what is wrong with it...

You can just go and upload a fresh copy of the file?

Hi, I have tried but it doesn't get rid of the error. It has all been bad since I hit the reset button in file manager which I thought would restore the original index.php file (apparently not...) nothing gets rid of the error - not editting the file, uploading the old file or a new copy. Any advice?

Archived