• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift Certificates

I would like to be able to sell Gift Certificates to be used on my website. Here is an example:

Visitor needs to buy a gift for his wife and like the selection on my website but not sure about the exact item. I want to offer him a possibility to buy an electronic Gift Certificate for certain amount, let's say $200 which he can send to his wife by email. Then she can shop on my website and use it either alone (for purchases below $200) or as an addition (for purchases over $200) during the check out process. I assume that Gift Certificate will be some kind of picture with the code which visitor can download after the check out or receive it in the purchase conformation email. That code then can be entered during the check out process. That code should not be linked to any In-Store account so buyer can easy transfer it to the other person.

I am pretty sure that there is a contribution for it so please guide me to that or to the right forum tread.

Thanks