• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

can you get round register globals

stevi1983

This question has been done to death and i have tried every option and therefore think I can not use oscommerce on the server. I emailed my webhost and they said they will not switch on register globals. I have added the php.inin file, i have tried the register globals patch and have had no luck what so ever. Does this mean that I will not be able to use oscommerce? If there is anything else I can try can anyone let me know. Many thanks in advance.

I managed to finally get it to work. It has taken me a weke but I have finally got there. If anyone out there has tried php.ini and it doesnt work try this link:- http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...5/search,global. Download the turn on script and download it to teh admin section of oscommerce. This should work as it did for me.

I had the same problem I know you got it to work, I just thought you might be interested to hear how I did it,

Through my file manager on the server I created a text file in "Admin" and "Calalog" and called them both "php.ini" and put the text

register_globals = On;

into both files. Sorted.

Hope this is of some help.

Johnny.

I had the same problem I know you got it to work, I just thought you might be interested to hear how I did it,

Through my file manager on the server I created a text file in "Admin" and "Calalog" and called them both "php.ini" and put the text

register_globals = On;

into both files. Sorted.

Johnny.

I got past this but now having trouble with the admin section was it ok for you mate?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
I got past this but now having trouble with the admin section was it ok for you mate?

Steve

It would help if I could find the catalog directory! Where did they hide that thing? :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

register_globals = On;

into both files. Sorted.

Johnny.

Thanks for the tip.

Sorted mine.

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

I got the above message when my hosting company upgraded their PHP

Version from 4.4.x to 5.2.x.

I opened the htaccess and found this -->

<IfModule mod_php4.c>

php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

php_value register_globals 1

</IfModule>

So, i just change mod_php4.c to mod_php5.c and its WORKED!! I hope this

will help :))

• 4 months later...

register_globals = On;

into both files. Sorted.

Johnny.

This totally worked for me. Only, I didn't have a catalog file so I just put one php.ini into my root folder, the one with www on it.

Thanks so much!!

Archived