• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hi Folks!! Would love to hear any thoughts about my store!

Chazbot72

Hi all!

I've rececently "upgraded" from a Front Page web site to oscommerce. I invite everyone to visit and check things out! ANY and ALL feedback is appreciated!!

My graphics were done by a professional (see my "about" page) - except for the Virginia Tech one. I live just 30 miles from Blackburg, that one is there for obvious reasons.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!

The Fuzzy Slipper Trading Post

Sandi :sweating:

The tomb could not hold God's Son...but your heart can

You need to add a thumbnail contribution. Slow load times with images over 100k. in size. Also consider a SSL.

Layout looks good.

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

You need to add a thumbnail contribution. Slow load times with images over 100k. in size. Also consider a SSL.

Layout looks good.

THANKS!!

I'm planning on getting SSL - money is just way tight at the moment.

Thumbnail contribution? :huh: I'm not sure exactly what that is. I'm terribly new to all of this. Can you explain?

Well, how should I start?

I like your about us page and the funny way of your copywriting.

I'll put it straight to you: Your site looks like my first attempt at creating a website way back in 1997 with this tiled wallpaper and graphics/colour scheme. I think this is just another mailorder shop (with the same products lots of others offer) but where is the wow factor? First I thought you sell slippers... maybe some more graphics would be appropriate to show your first time visitors what your site is all about?

Is your shop looking like it did with frontpage? If so, how long have you been in business and did you make any money with it? I'm just asking because in my opinion your site needs some serious jazzing up.

Regards,

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Well, how should I start?

I like your about us page and the funny way of your copywriting.

I'll put it straight to you: Your site looks like my first attempt at creating a website way back in 1997 with this tiled wallpaper and graphics/colour scheme. I think this is just another mailorder shop (with the same products lots of others offer) but where is the wow factor? First I thought you sell slippers... maybe some more graphics would be appropriate to show your first time visitors what your site is all about?

Is your shop looking like it did with frontpage? If so, how long have you been in business and did you make any money with it? I'm just asking because in my opinion your site needs some serious jazzing up.

Regards,

abra

THANK you for being so frank!! Check your messages, please - I'd really like to speak with you and hear your thoughts!!!!

Archived