• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS set up

roberts2

I registered with USPS and got my Web Tools User ID. In the USPS Shipping set up, it asks for the USPS User ID, so I entered my Web Tools User ID. Then is says Enter USPS password See USERID, above. Does this mean the password is the same as the User ID or is it just the alpha characters in the UserID? There was nothing in the USPS email referring to a password. Do I make up my own password? Do I have to set up a log in at the USPS web site and use that password?

This is my first install so I'm feeling a little clueless here :'(

• 3 months later...

I'm in the same position as Robert...this is my first time using OSC and am working on setting up the shipping module. I've just finished installing the USPS module, have configured it with the appropriate username, password, etc. after registering with USPS to use their Web Tools, but am still getting the following error even though I'm using the test server:

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Is there more configuring that needs to be done other than simply installing the module, enabling it, entering a usernma/password, etc.?

I'm in the same position as Robert...this is my first time using OSC and am working on setting up the shipping module. I've just finished installing the USPS module, have configured it with the appropriate username, password, etc. after registering with USPS to use their Web Tools, but am still getting the following error even though I'm using the test server:

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Is there more configuring that needs to be done other than simply installing the module, enabling it, entering a usernma/password, etc.?

OK, so I've done some reading and see that the module doesn't work in test mode. Will contact USPS to have them add me to the production server. :thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...
OK, so I've done some reading and see that the module doesn't work in test mode. Will contact USPS to have them add me to the production server. :thumbsup:

I am using the USPS module in "production mode" and still can't get it to work. I have a username and password and everything, and then when it goes to calculate postage, it just results in a big blank page of white and it says the same message as someone said above.

What else can someone try?

Thanks for the help!

Jeff

Same error message under slightly different symptoms - the USPS shipping module works internationally, but not domestically. I've gone through the new Rate Calculator info and made all the changes I could find to file names, but am still having this issue...

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same basic issue.....and I think part of it is that the names for services have changed with the post office since the module was made (most likely this spring when the USPS made a lot of postal changes, like no longer offering surface mail)...not sure what else is going on..am not a programmer..

Jeanne

I'm having the same basic issue.....and I think part of it is that the names for services have changed with the post office since the module was made (most likely this spring when the USPS made a lot of postal changes, like no longer offering surface mail)...not sure what else is going on..am not a programmer..

Jeanne

Unfortunately to find out what is happening in USPS, you need to do a bit of coding in USPS. I have worked on USPS issues and can safely assure all of you that every version in OSC works without any problem unless it is something that you have to modify on your settings side or interpret messages from USPS to make it work. another thread is open with similar problems http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...0&p=1156271 and you might keep an eye to see how it moves.

Thanks

Gaurav

Best Regards,
Gaurav

• 4 months later...

well since everyone is struggling with similiar issues i'll put myself out there and say i can't even figure out how to get started. i received my password and user id and i enabled the module in oscommerce under test. now.. where the heck do i go to test it? i tried clicking on the http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll?API=[API_Name]&XML=[xml_String_containing_User_ID]" and it comes up with an error code. i tried editing it and putting in my user id and such but still error codes.. hahaha ok so the learning curve is long... anyone? :-"

Archived