• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Session Errors - After installation of oscommerce

kelvintoo

Hi all,

After i installed the oscommerce in Xammp to try to run the server.

But i got session errors problems.

The error message is as below:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp\sess_f4ffb78cb578c96ce2c89146dea2184f, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in D:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\sessions.php:97) in D:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\sessions.php:97) in D:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: D:/xampp/htdocs/oscommerce/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Warning Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

I try to create a tmp folder in my admin folder but still cannot. I do know what is wrong.

Can anybody help me on that ? as i need to test out some oscommerce features offline before i implement it online.

Thanks...

Kelvin Too

Hi all,

After i installed the oscommerce in Xammp to try to run the server.

But i got session errors problems.

The error message is as below:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp\sess_f4ffb78cb578c96ce2c89146dea2184f, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in D:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\sessions.php:97) in D:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\sessions.php:97) in D:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: D:/xampp/htdocs/oscommerce/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Warning Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

I try to create a tmp folder in my admin folder but still cannot. I do know what is wrong.

Can anybody help me on that ? as i need to test out some oscommerce features offline before i implement it online.

Thanks...

Oh, goody, another post on the same issue but with more info. You need to configure the site to run on local host.

Archived